CHAPTER 01

Astrid wasn't sure when she had fallen asleep but what she did know was that she had woken up in silk-covered sheets in a slightly dusty room.

"Morning, how are you feeling?" Regulus asked as sat up; his eyes were red and bloodshot, hands wrung with worry, from the uncomfortable armchair he was sat on and the bags under his eyes, it was obvious he hadn't slept.

"Yeah, I'm fine, what happened?"

The door opened revealing Molly Weasley, "I thought I heard your voice, how are you feeling dear?" Molly asked; Astrid had no clue who she was, "Oh, I forgot we haven't met, Molly Wesley."

"Astrid Winston." Astrid said looking between the two confused, "Reggie, what happened?"

Regulus held her hand in comfort, "Molly had to put you to sleep, you didn't take the news well."

"What-" Astrid began before her conversation with Harry yesterday dawned on her, "James and Lily."

Regulus looked at her wearily, "Are you alright?"

"No." Astrid said before swinging her legs off the bed, "But we have important stuff to do."

Regulus stood up, almost tripping over his own feet.

Molly rushed over to him, "Regulus dear, I think it's best you sleep now. You're practically dead on your feet."

Regulus shook his head, "I need to be with Astrid."

Astrid smiled, "I'm not going anywhere." Astrid reassured him and before he could reply Molly tapped him with her wand sending him into a deep sleep, "I love you." Astrid whispered tucking him in.

"Now, Astrid are you sure you're going to be ok?"

Astrid nodded, "I'm going to fine, where is everyone?"

"Downstairs, if you want to change out of those night clothes Remus took some of your clothes out of the attic." Molly said gesturing to the clothes, "I'll wait outside."

Astrid pulled of the nightdress that she was sure wasn't hers as Molly closed the door, before putting on the jumper and jeans Remus had picked out.

Before leaving the room she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror; even though she hadn't aged a day, she still felt different, like a piece of herself had been taken away from her.

She shook off that feeling before leaving the bedroom and following Molly down to the dining room.

Sirius was the first to stand up and give her a hug, "How are you doing Clawfoot?"

Astrid mustered up a smile, "I'm fine. I just want to know how this all happened."

She sat down at the table alongside Sirius, Remus, Molly and lastly Harry who looked extremely confused.

"So after you and Regulus- died we finished the summer and joined the order of the Phoenix. For a while I operated undercover with some of Greyback's pack, the just of us worked with the order to bring down small divisions of you-know-who's followers." Remus began before sliding a photo on the table.

Astrid picked it up; she watched as the photo moved quickly spotting her friends.

"Marlene died two weeks after this picture was taken," Sirius said solemnly; the table watched close for Astrid's reaction.

With news of Marlene's death, Astrid heart felt more shattered than before, "How- how did it happen?" Astrid asked gulping down tears.

"Death eaters, one we discovered two years ago to be Peter broke into the McKinnon house killing the family and Marlene's girlfriend Yaz Patel, who was also part of the order." Sirius answered, "Mary discovered the bodies and left the order that very day."