CHAPTER 24

Astrid was woken up by the sound of an owl knocking on her bedroom window.

Owen proving yet again he could sleep through anything didn't stir at the continuing knocks.

Astrid got out of the bed and walked towards the window, pulling it open and allowing the owl to fly in.

Tied to its feet was a letter, only addressed to Clawfoot.

She took the letter from the Owl, before opening it and reading it carefully.

Astrid's heart dropped to her stomach as she re-read the letter hoping that it was a mistake.

It wasn't.

She sunk to the ground, the air in her lungs thinning as she struggled to take breaths in, tears streaming down her face uncontrollably.

The sounds of her sobs woke Owen up, she looked around confused before spotting her in the ground by the window, clutching the letter in her hand.

"Astrid, Astrid, fuck. Astrid, what's wrong?" Owen asked as sat down next to her trying to get her to respond to him.

"It's Sirius." Astrid sobbed, "He's dead."

***

24 hours earlier

Exam season was over for the seventh years but for the rest of the school, it was still in full swing.

Most of the seventh years were considerate, but the majority were too excited for prom, swarming in the common rooms and dorms to compare dresses, prom proposals in the hallways and general chaos as everyone struggled to put together an outfit.

Regulus was forced into this chaos by Aofie who was ecstatic to even be nominated after she got over her worries that it was all an elaborate joke.

In his not caring about popularity, Regulus had become popular; Sirius had coined it the Remus Lupin effect.

Aofie had dragged him dress shopping with the others, and as the only guy, he had the delight of watching the girls try on dresses for almost five hours.

Aofie didn't let him see which dress she picked, all he knew is from the rose pink tie she had given him, it was pink.

It was around nine when he finally managed to escape to his empty dorm room and planned to camp there until it wasn't physically possible to.

That was when Harry Potter walked into his room.

On his face was an expression he had only seen on James face once since he had known him, pure terror.

Regulus sat up, "Harry what's wrong?"

"It's Sirius, he's in trouble." Harry said, his breaths quick and short, "At the department of mysteries, Voldemort is going to attack him. I saw it my dream

Regulus got up from his bed, picking his wand from his dresser, "I need to go now. I'll get Violetta and call the order, do not leave Hogwarts Harry. We'll sort this out."

"I can't just stand here while he's murdered."

"Fuck you remind me so much of James, you're both so stubborn." Regulus muttered, he paced about for a bit before making up his mind, "I'm serious Harry, it's dangerous."

"It's Sirius."

"I know, he's my brother. Please stay at Hogwarts I'll get him." Regulus said before leaving his room rushing to Violetta's office, magically locking the door on his way out.

Violetta was startled by his visit, "Reg, what's going on?"

"Harry had a dream, like the one with Arthur. He's saying Sirius is in danger at the ministry. The Dark Lord is going to attack Sirius." Regulus explained as best as he could, "I locked Harry in my room on my way."