CHAPTER 23

"Okay so if we have a red velvet cake but we have the inside dyed orange because it's your favourite colour," Violetta suggested take a note of it in her wedding planning notebook.

Phoebe shook her head, "Let's have it pink because it's your favourite colour."

"Well, you're my wife."

Violetta shook her head laughing, "Fine we can make it that weird combination of the two colours that looks quite pretty. Now we're on dresses."

"That's the one thing we can't plan together." Phoebe stated earning a look from Violetta, "What? You're the one marrying a superstitious hippie bitch."

Violetta smiled as she leaned in for a kiss, "Yeah and I wouldn't change it."

"Aww young love." Firenze said as he trotted into the office he shared with Phoebe, he sat down by his desk, "What a sight."

"Firenze I'm sorry I didn't know you would be back so soon. We have a week left of the Easter break."

Firenze shook his mane smiling, "It's fine, I shouldn't have even left. Things are troublesome back in the Forrest especially since my departure."

"I hope things get better Firenze," Violetta said sincerely.

"I've always found hope to be a wonderful thing, no matter how fleeting it is, even a spec of it, a slight glimpse is powerful." Firenze mused, "With hope maybe things can start looking better for all of us."

And with that drop of wisdom and hope, he left.

***

"Wait did you get the second map from the safe?" Astrid asked going through her bag, "Wait, it's fine I found it."

Owen sat down in front of her, holding her shaking hands within his, they always seemed to be shaking now, "I love you, Astrid."

Astrid looked at him, her nerves slightly eased by his presence, "I love you too."

He helped her up, picking up her bag as well as his as always.

Astrid pulled her bag from Owen, slinging it on her shoulders, "I can carry my bag."

"I was trying to be a gentleman." Owen laughed, he looked around the living room of the Berlin safe house, like every place they had been too they had made memories, it was sometimes hard to leave them behind.

Owen pulled out a charm from his pocket, before taking Astrid's wrist and connecting it to the bracelet she almost never took off.

"The Brandenburg Gate." Astrid noticed, "You don't have to get me a new charm everywhere we go."

Owen rolled his eyes, "You're really killing the gentleman vibe aren't ya babe."

Astrid laughed at his accent, the charms clinking as she picked up her bag handing it back to Owen, "Let me help you then babe. Come on, we have a flight to catch."

Because of magical footsteps and the floo network database, the best way for the pair to travel across the world without drawing suspicion was through the muggle air system

Owen who had never been on a plane before was obviously scared on his first flight and in true Owen fashion refused to admit it.