CHAPTER 31

⚠️// "Ten Knuckles they're gonna bone" - Aspen

//

It had been a while since Astrid had overslept, she had almost left that teenage habit alone until she realised why she normally did it.

Her covers were soft, sunlight peeking through the blinds, and her house smelt like fresh flowers.

She got up at around noon, getting dressed slowly as music hummed in the background, stopping only once to get coffee before going down to the crystal shop she and Regulus owned.

The shop doubled up as a small cafe employing magical normally muggleborn or half-born teens as workers in the summer and relying on magic through the rest of the year.

The shop shelves were littered with crystals ranging in size and power, all charmed by Astrid to fulfil their buyer's good intentions.

Thé café sold scones and sandwiches, mixing magical recipes with muggleborn recipes; the paperwork to do this was stressful but it was so rewarding.

Sure they had the usual pessimists but their clientele flocked from all around England and even Europe to buy from them.

Regulus put his arm around her, giving her a quick kiss as he manned the register, "Sleep well?"

"Bloody marvellously." Astrid said, "For the first time I feel relaxed. How's the shop going?"

"It's going great, slow morning for the shop but the cafe is going good" Regulus said, "It's just that I've had a little trouble with the cooker, it's a bit loud today."

"Loud?"

A booming voice echoed throughout the shop, "Astrid Winston!"

Astrid ran towards the kitchen opening the door to see their cooker, covered in a drab coat, with hollowed-out knobs and one singular blue dial that was spinning around crazily.

"Astrid Winston!" MadEye boomed as he shook her awake, her eyes shot open, and the next she felt was ice cold water soaking her body and clothes, "Had a nice nap?"

And all of a sudden she wasn't in her cafe, instead she was hanging upside down next to Iris on a massive wall, hands and feet tied.

"This is a perfect example of what happens to people subjected to death eater torture without the proper defence, I should know, you-know-who himself attempted to retrieve information from my mind back in '87 mind of steel." MadEye continued, "Aspen let them down."

"I don't have my wand, sir."

"And who's fault is that, give me twenty." Alister barked, "Regulus."

"I don't have my wand either sir."

"It's in my box in the office, for being a good sport." he explained, Regulus began walking towards the office, "Zoya, untie them for me."

Zoya waved her wand as the pair came crashing to the ground.

"Nice to see there is hope in our next generation." Alister muttered a little over his breath, "Okay everyone, time for some fun laps until Regulus gets back. Go, go go!"

***

"My lord." Conan said walking into Malfoy Manor, "You called to see me."

"Conan, take a seat next to me."

Conan walked over, he took the seat next to Voldemort, taking a cup of blood he was offering on the table.

"How is the vampire section of the true revolution going?"

Conan placed the cup on the table, "If you don't let them feed anytime soon they'll attack. Suppressing bloodlust is not an easy thing."