CHAPTER 08

Astrid knew who Pansy was referring to in their last conversation and was sort of pleased that the mission was moving this fast.

So she made sure to stick with her all breaks and lunches for the entire week much to the delight of Pansy who kept dropping hints about the person she was talking about.

"Yeah, he's like so cool. I met him once and I couldn't stop blushing," Pansy rambled on, "He totally gets how disgusting it is for us to have to share dorms with mudbloods."

"Ok Pansy, I'm sure Ophelia gets it." Draco snapped, "We have more pressing matters to talk about. Have you thought about joining the quidditch team, I'm a seeker but we can use someone like you on the team, you know someone tall. We don't usually allow girls but with your height, we can make an exception."

"Umm... ok cool." Astrid said, "I'll think about it."

"Draco is such a git, all three of us are on the team. Girls and boys." Blaise corrected, "We probably wouldn't have gotten to the final 3rd year without Pansy."

"Whatever." Draco muttered, "Anyways Ophelia I've been meaning to ask, why do you dress like that?"

"What do you mean?"

Pansy giggled, "No offence but you sort of dress like my mother."

"Yeah, it's fucking weird, all 70s. Some of the guys think you're a queer. Like David Bowie." Draco laughed, "Maybe you and Pansy should go shopping during October's three day weekend."

"Yeah cause you know fashion Malfoy." Blaise laughed, "It's not bad it's just a little dated."

"Shopping cool." Astrid nodded, "Just let me know when."

"So, what class do you have next. Maybe I can walk with you." Pansy offered.

"I have a free period, so I'm probably going to chill in the common room." Astrid said standing up, "Catch you later though."

"Definitely."

She waved goodbye before checking nobody was following her and going up to the clock tower for her daily talk with Regulus.

Unsurprisingly he wasn't there when she arrived and less was the fact he came in late obviously in a hurry.

"Sorry, I'm late." Regulus apologised, "Care of Magical Creatures ran over."

"Do you think I dress weird?" Astrid asked thumbing the hem of her sleeve; Regulus didn't answer her, "Reg, do you think I dress weird?"

Regulus made a noise as if he didn't hear her, "I dunno, it's just clothes." He answered not looking up from his book, "Anyways, I was talking with Harry today and he was telling me about how he destroyed the diary."

Astrid tuned Regulus out, allowing him to ramble on about Godric knows what; she answered when appropriate but couldn't help but feel discounted.

"Well, I've got to go. I'm helping Nolan with his Care of Magical Creatures homework." Regulus said packing his things, he gave her a quick kiss, "See you later."

"See you later," Astrid muttered not moving from her seat.

***

"So what're your thoughts on this whole duelling club thing," Owen asked offering her a cigarette.

She took it from him shrugging, "It seems fun and Professor Wu doesn't seem that bad."

"I want to go." Iris said, "It will be fun. I need to convince the others, though. Shit, what time is it?"