CHAPTER 32

"Why is he here?" Phoebe asked looking over at Conan who was sitting on a sheet-covered armchair in the attic, "Violetta, what did you agree to?"

Violetta cast a silencing spell around the two of them.

"Rude." Conan muttered, noticing the smell of the spell, "Thought you would be more pleased to see me, love, Vi sure was."

"Oh go suck me hairy balls Conan, or shut y'a hole before I tie you up and fuckin' gag you," Phoebe said, her cockney phrases and accent slipping in with her frustration.

"Could not hear a word of that but vulgar Phoebe."

Violetta pulled Phoebe away out of the attic, "Let me explain Phoebe."

"I can't Adam n' Eve ya." Phoebe muttered, "You bought a fuckin' death eater into the order."

"He doesn't know where we are."

Phoebe pinned Violetta against the wall, "He's a security risk."

"Did I ever tell you how hot you are when you're mad?" Violetta whispered, smirking as Phoebe's smile crept on her face, "What it's true."

Violetta kissed Phoebe softly before Phoebe slammed her back onto the wall.

"Why can't we ever have normal couple fights?" Phoebe muttered before kissing Violetta intensely, "Always magic this, magic that. I want to fight about who left the hob on."

Violetta tilted Phoebe's face up so she was looking at her "Someday."

"But what about today, what are we gonna do Vi." Phoebe asked, "What does he want?"

"Relative humanity." Violetta said trying her best to sum up everything Conan had told her, "He thinks there's a way for Vampires to turn human, a time witch."

"Never heard of one."

"I know, but Astrid has."

***

It was by day four of training weekdays everyone got their wands; Iris had been the last person as Moody had forced her to run her course each time with a heavy backpack.

Which was lucky as it was the day before their first mission.

"It's an in and out, simple, if you screw this up I'll send you to St Mungo's for a brain scan that easy." MadEye lectured as they sat around a table, "It's a ministry-approved mission with your main objective being a rescue."

Astrid looked at her brief on the table on top of it is a picture of a man around late fifties, smiling.

"This is Wallace Turnstead, 58 years old, half-blood, muggle rights activist known for wanting to tell the muggle world of the existence of the magical world. Not the most popular bloke with both sides." MadEye explained, "The photo on your brief was taken on his 58th birthday, a week later he was kidnapped by the death eaters leaving a 'radical' meeting. He's been missing for two weeks since then."

Astrid flipped the page, at the same time a collective groan of disgust filled the room.

"Lily-livered." Alister grumbled, "That there is his thumb, sent to his wife two days ago attached with a ransom note asking for their lives savings and some. Unknowing to them they used one of the orders carrier birds so we were able to track him to Notts Manor."

"Notts?" Astrid thought under her breath; Theo, if his father was arrested for kidnap he would be questioned and if what Harper said happened, happened, he would also be arrested for death eater association.

"Is that going to be a problem, Astrid?"

Astrid cursed herself mentally, "No Sir."

"Good." Alister said, "I'm going to go over the plan once, take notes, I'd hate for one of you to die, too much paperwork."