CHAPTER 02

⚠️// talk about scars, domestic abuse

"You're leavin." Phoebe said as Violetta stopped in her tracks and looked back.

"And your awake." Violetta said; there was no use trying to sneak out now, "I was just trying to get back, I have a ton of work that I need to do before summer is over."

"I don't need me- my powers to tell that you're lyin'." Phoebe said sitting up; correcting her English.

Originally from London, the Tuffins had moved to Scotland believing that the closer they were to Dumbledore the safer they were.

And although she had lived in Scotland for 22 years and spent the last 13 years with Violetta who she claimed to 'speak English loike the bloomin' Nellie Dean.'; Phoebe still had traces of her cockney accent still embedded in her.

Although for about 19 years of her life Phoebe knew she was a squib, she always knew there was something not completely right with her.

For example, the day Violetta came into her Mum's bookstore, she had sensed there was something wrong with the young girl, an image flashing in her mind of a dark room, on a pedestal a necklace in a glass box.

At that time Phoebe had no clue what her visions meant, only three years after their first meeting when the two girls met again at the same bookstore did they finally get the full picture.

Phoebe although a squib was a seer; a distant relative of Cassandra Trelawney, and now Phoebe worked with Cassandra Trelawney great-great-granddaughter Sybill Trelawney as a Divination Class Assistant.

"What's up Violetta?"

Violetta shrugged as she sat back on the bed next to Phoebe, "There's nothing 'up'."

"There's something up." Phoebe said, "First of all you left yesterday morning excited, like little child on Christmas Day, then you came back angry, proceeded to fuck me senseless, appreciate that by the way, and now you're sneaking out again."

"I just went to meet an old friend."

Phoebe raised an eyebrow, "Anyone special."

"Someone that was supposed to be dead."

"Oh." Phoebe said shocked at Violetta's bluntness, "Are they alright though?"

Violetta chucked planting a kiss on Phoebe's forehead, "Yes they are alright."

Phoebe shuddered, earning a confused look from Violetta, "Sorry it's not you. I mean it is- I saw something, Violetta."

"What do you mean?"

"I saw you and Casper, talking. I couldn't hear what you were saying but the moment was brief."

Violetta shook her head firmly before standing up and walking to the door, "You must have got something wrong, I haven't talked to Casper in years, I'm not going to start anytime soon."

"Vi."

"Violetta." Violetta snapped, "I need to go."

Before Phoebe could say anything she had already left.

***

Casper Black-Heatly hated his life; well the last 16 years of it.

He had long ago resorted to wearing long sleeves in an attempt to cover the fading scars that reminded him of his sister.

But it was no use, every time he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror he saw her.

"Casper, what are you doing out here?" Freya said walking towards him, "We have the meeting in an hour."