29: Falling and Pants

"Matt stop!" I can't help the squeal that escapes my lips. God how embarrassing. I start to laugh hysterically as his fingers move against my sides.
People slow and stare at us with odd looks as they pass, and I can't blame them we are in the school hallway after all.
"Not until you say it." His mouth brushes my ear as he speaks and I can't help but shiver.
"Never" I try for a voice of steel, but even I can tell the steel is about to melt.
His fingers press in harder and I finally relent.
"Fine! Matt is the sexiest, hottest man alive!"
He raise an eyebrow.
"And?" I sigh, I was hoping I could skip this part.
"And-" I pause, two can play at this game. Smirking I clear my throat ignoring his puzzled face.
"And I would like to hit him but that would be animal abuse!" He freezes on the spot shocked so I take the moment to scoop up my bag and dash down the hall towards my class.
Just before I enter my class I hear him yell. "This isn't over Cam!"
The week passes with little events, besides me avoiding Caleb at every turn and spending most of my free time with Matt.
Before I know it, it's Saturday morning, and my birthday.
I roll over in bed but the bed disappears and I fall to the floor with an umph.
Well that's a great way to start out my eighteenth birthday.
"Whoop whoop!" I yell as I spring to my feet but with the sheets still wrapped around my leg I fall to the floor mermaid style flopping around until I free my legs.
Even with the very ungraceful awakening to my adulthood I can't help the wide grin that spreads out across my face.
I'm so excited I rush down the stairs after a look at the clock.
11:43! Man I slept late!
As I'm spinning around the foot of the stairs I briefly see that all the lights in the house are off. Odd, but I don get to think bout it long because as soon as my feet hit the living room floor all the lights flick on and people burst out from every hiding place in the room.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" I'm engulfed in hugs and happy wishes from all directions. And I try to return as many as I can.
My grandparents, my family, Matt, Dallas, Sierra, Matt's family, and even Logan and Jake are here.
"Oh my gosh! Thank you guys so much!"
My mom the one who answers.
"Don't thank us sweetie it was Matt's idea." I look over at Matt and if my eyes aren't deceiving me a light pink spreads across his cheeks. His eyes meet mine and I can't help the pure gratitude and thankfulness that fills me as I realize just how lucky I am to have met this sweet, arrogant, cute, funny, bad boy. Even though he doesn't always live up to that title.

I launch myself at him and engulf him in a hug, just trying to show him a piece of how thankful I am. His arms wrap around me and squeezes me to him.
And even though I know everyone is looking at us I bury my head into his neck and inhale.
God what is this boy doing to me.
"Thank you." I mumble against his neck and he squeezes me in reply.
I don't know why but I just feel so calm and content in his arms. I've never felt this way about anyone before and even though I've only known him for a short time I already know I'm falling for this boy who's holding me.
And for once in my life I'm not scared.

I don't know how long we hug but the moment is broken when Matt finally pulls away and when he looks at me his eyes widen.
"Um..... Cam. Where are your pants?" I take one glance down and book it to my room as fast as I can.
But as it is my luck, just as I make it into my room I slip and kiss the floor. But I only smile.
I finally realize what all those sparks and butterflies mean, and even though I'm worried about how he feels I know I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything.