3:Smoothies and Accents

I can't stop laughing at this teenage boy, not to mention this hot teenage boy, saying twinning. Okay maybe it's not that funny, but for me the funniest thing I've heard in the past couple days is my brother telling our mom he was going to his room to study. Ha, yeah right.

"You know I don't even know your name." Matt's green eyes meet mine as I slowly stand up and try to catch my breath.

"Of course you do, I told you when yo-" he raises his eyebrows. "Oh right, well, maybe not then. It's Cameron."

"Hm, I like it. But I'll call you Cam." He starts walking towards his car and I slowly trail after him.

The only person who ever called me that was my dad.

When he reaches his car he opens the back door and grabs a worn black denim jacket. He then shuts the door and slides on said jacket.

I don't know but something about this ensemble screams I'm a bad boy. But then again, what kind of "bad boy" says twinning?

"I'll see you around Cam." He says before sliding his lean body into the driver seat. I lift my hand in a small wave as he backs out of the driveway and speeds off.

"Ok then." I mumble to myself as I turn on my heel and head back to the house.

When I reach the kitchen I find the topic of conversation to be on Matt, but when I hear my name mentioned, I stop to listen since no one has noticed me yet.

"Now you see Matt it is a sweet boy, but he's a bit of a wild child." Came Mrs. Lucille's voice. "With all the partying, girls, and such. We've tried talking to him about it, but he is a teenage boy so there's only much we can do."

I was right about the jacket.

"So you see we were just worried about Cam-" Someone runs into the back of me and I trip forward into the room. The conversation drops flat as my brother apologizes for running into me as he leads Abby towards the living room.

I look at the adults staring at me, trying to judge if I heard why they were talking about.

"Mom, I think I'm gonna take a drive around town and check out the place." With my easy comment their smiles return and the tension melts off them. But I can also see the soft disappointment when Matt's parents notice his absence, but by their lack of surprise, I get the feeling that it happens often.

"Of course hun, the keys are on the center console. Be careful, I'll see you after while." I send quick goodbyes to our guests before bounding up the stairs to grab my bag and phone. When I reach my room I check myself in the mirror before grabbing my phone and my leather shoulder bag.

When I reach the garage, I can't contain the smile that lights up my face as I eye my car.

I practically skip to it after I open the garage door. This is almost too good to be true. The door opens smoothly before I slip inside, and the cool black leather smells just like new car.

I find the keys, start the car, and the steady purr that starts makes my smile grow even more. I slowly back out of the driveway and head towards the town we passed through on our way here. Not much of a radio fan, I plug my phone up before playing my music. Sorry crappy pop addicts, I'm more of an alternative rock type of gal. The Griswolds anyone?

I happily sing along as I enter the main part of town.

Now this town is a small one with the little home owned cafes and boutiques.

Just as the song ends I spot a small cafe and decide a smoothie sounds pretty good, even if I did just eat. I pull into a spot and grab my sunglasses from my bag before slinging it over my shoulder and dropping my phone into it. I step out of the car and click the lock as I head towards the cafe's doors.

The soft sound of bells and the gust of air conditioning meet me as I push through the doors. I'm also greeted with the smell of fresh baked pastries.

I slip off my sunglasses and head to the counter, before glancing at the menu behind the counter and decide on a strawberry blueberry smoothie just as a small blonde haired girl heads towards me from a back room.

"Hi I'm Sierra, I'll be taking your order today, what would you like?" She gives me a warm smile and rests her hands on the counter.

"I would like the strawberry and blueberry smoothie, please. I'm Cameron by the way." I give a smile in return.

"I knew you must be new around here, everyone knows everyone here." She says as she enters my order in the register. She reads off my total, after I pay her and get back my change, she turns around and grabs my freshly made smoothie from some worker in the back room.

"Thanks, I'll see you around." She replies with another smile and a nod as I head back outside with my smoothie. I take a sip and sigh. Man, they sure know how to make a smoothie.

I look up, spot my car and start heading that way. Hmm, I thought I parked closer.

As I get closer I pull out my keys. When I reach the front of it I hit the unlock button and a honk sounds from behind me.

I spin around and see my car in a spot up closer to the store. I glance back at the car behind me...... oops. I head in the direction of my 'real' car, but before I reach it someone else does. They go to open the door when I shout, "What do you think you are doing with my car!"

The mysterious theft spins around and I'm met with a bewildered Matt.

"What are you talking about, this is my car." He holds up and clicks his key, a honk sounds from behind me at the car I had just been at. "oh.."

I smirk before taking another sip of my smoothie.

"Oh well ok, so what are you doing in town?" He asks as he casually leans against my car.

"I thought I'd take a look around. See the place or-" he gives me a pointed look. "Fine, I wanted out of the house, my brother was all flirty with your sister, and our parents were all about how you're a wild child." I take another sip and lean up against the car opposite mine facing Matt.

"Well I'll be talking to your brother, but about our parents, what do you think about that?" He crosses his arms across his chest and his muscles strain against the fabric of his jacket.

"Well, your jacket is a good clue, but I don't know a bad-boy who says twinning, so I'm a bit iffy." I cross my ankles and sip some more of my smoothie.

"Hey I like this jacket, and yeah... that was a bit embarrassing." he runs a hand through his golden hair. I let out a laugh. "Hey aren't you from Ireland?" with my nod he continues. "Then why don't you have an accent?"

I swallow the last dregs of my smoothie before answering. I really need to learn to slow down when I'm eating.

"Well both my parents were originally from Or lived for some time in America so I was raised speaking like them, to say it was a bit weird in school would be an understatement. So what school do you go to?" I spot a trash can on the sidewalk and do a basketball shot into it with my empty smoothie cup. The sound of it hitting the bottom reassures me and I lean back up against the car.

"Man, nice shot." He eyes me then the can and lets out a whistle. "I go to Paddington High. It starts in a couple weeks. You?"

"Same. I guess I'll see you there then. Now, I'm here to see the town, so if you'll excuse me I should go. Any recommendations?" I shoo him off my car and open the door, before turning to look at him.

"Oh I have a couple, but you have to ride with me." I give him a look, but he only shrugs in response.

I think it over but hey what is there to lose?

"Fine."