22:Idiots and Scars

Apparently my conclusion was pretty accurate, because the next day when I saw Matt he acted like nothing happened. And surprisingly it wasn't even that awkward.
Since its a Sunday I would usually be enjoying the last of my weekend, but we don't have school Monday or Tuesday because of some teacher workshops, so instead I'm cuddled up on my bed passing the day drooling over Stephan Amell.
Tap tap.
I jump and snap my head to my window. I toss my laptop to the side and walk to the closed window.
Tap.
A flash of orange hits my window and I can't help but laugh. I pull open my window just in time for the next skittle to hit me on the forehead. By some magical force my hand shoots out and snatches it before it hits the ground and I pop it in my mouth.
"How dare you!!" I feign horror. "You skittle waster! They could go to a better cause, such as making Cameron happy!" He responds with a roll of his eyes and passing another one to me. I open my mouth and tilt my head back catching it.
I do a happy dance. In my head of course.
"nice catch." He almost looks impressed. "You have any plans for the rest of the day?"
I glance out toward the street. Today is an unseasonably hot day for our state, so I was just planning on being lazy and enjoying the invention of air conditioning.
"Not really. Why?" I mean come on, I'm an impatience person.
"Let's go to the water park." He leans against his window sill and crosses his arms.
"We have a water park!?" I absolutely love them. We had one in the town next to ours back home and it was kind of a tradition to go.
"In Carson, the next town over. So what do you say?"
"Meet you outside in thirty." With a quick wink I shut my window and close the blinds.
I quickly turn off my laptop before digging through my drawers for a bikini.
I finally settle on a red strapless top with black and white striped high waisted bottoms. I pull on a loose tank top and a pair of denim short over it before grabbing a beach towel, sun screen, and my sunglasses that I stuff into a bag.
I dash to the bathroom to scrub off any left over makeup, I wouldn't want to look like a zombie after one dunk now would I. I French braid my hair back letting some of the shorter pieces come loose and fall to frame my face. I slip on a pair of flip flops before grabbing my phone and some money before heading down the stairs.
"Hey mom! I'm going to the water park with Matt, ill be back later I love you!" Lucky for me, my mom trusts me, so I never really have to ask in advance for stuff. I hear a quick be safe, before I slip out the front door and see Matt leaning against the side of his car, looking entirely too good.
His honey hair is swept messily to the side and his white shirt emphasized just how tan and muscled he is. His bright green eyes train on me and I can't help but blush as his eyes glide down my bare legs before coming back up to my face. He smirks and I know he caught me staring.
"What are you looking at sugar?" By now I'm in front of him his voice a cocky coo.
"An idiot." I give him a wink before circling his car to climb into the passenger seat.
I see him shaking his head before he turns around and climbs into the car.
The ride was filled with playful bickering but in twenty minutes we were pulling into the huge lot for "Water World". I practically bolt out of the car and run towards the entrance. My bag bounces against my side and I grab Matt's hand to tug him faster.
"Move your fat butt faster." I huff. He smirks and that's when I know he's lagging on purpose. I stick my tongue out at him before letting go of his hand and darting again towards the entrance. This time I hear a grunt and a curse before he matches pace with me.
It's only 10 in the morning so there is practically no line at the entrance.
Matt insisted on paying so we got through fairly quickly.
Matt leads me towards the pool area where we can leave our stuff at a lounge chair.
I drop my bag heavily on one before slipping off my shoes. Matt is already peeling his shirt off, and I nearly gasp at just how gorgeous he is. I quickly look away a blush creeping up my neck. Jesus Cameron, get it together. It's not like he looks like a freaking male model or anything. Wrong.
I slip out of my shorts first before pulling my tank over my head.
I fold my clothes and grab my sun screen. I apply a little to my cheeks and nose, that tends to be the only places I burn due to my tan skin.
I turn to see Matt watching me. I'm suddenly self conscious. I've never been an overly secure person about my body, just comfortable enough, but seeing a hot guy looking at you definitely doesn't help.
"What happened?" I snap my head up to his gaze. He must see my puzzled expression because he raises his arm and points to my stomach.
I know instantly what he means but I look anyways. Right at the base of my ribs on my right side is a faded white scar stretching from my mid stomach horizontally to the right side of my body.
I feel a slight pang but its gone before it really effects me.
"Remember how I told you my dad died." After a nod I continue. "Well you remember I was in the accident with him." I trace the scar with my finger. "They had to go in here to repair my lung. I crushed my ribs and one punctured my lung." I've long gotten over the scar marring my body, it never really bothered me. I took my father death hard but lately I've realize he wouldn't want me to be sad, he would want me to keep living my life.
"I'm sorry." I wave away his sad expression.
"It's fine. I can't change it." With a shrug I turn to observe the slide choices.
A group of boys whistle and wink when my gaze passes over them, I can't help but blush, but they quiet when Matt throws an arm over my shoulder and sends them a glare. I poke his side rolling my eyes.
"Let's go on that one." I say pointing to a bright blue very twisty slide.
Matt nods before leading me that direction.
He doesn't drop his arm from my shoulders, if anything he pulls me closer to his side.
But believe me, I'm not complaining.

Belong With MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara