7: Football and Windows

The next few weeks are filled with bowling matches, swim parties, ANW, and hot shirtless guys. Now I only say the last one to stress that of course when you are swimming you don't wear shirts, but also when you go to play tennis, basketball, volleyball, and every other sport we played the rest of the summer. I saw Dallas, Jake, his friend Ryder, and one little peek at Matt shirtless. Man was it a good peak.

But now I'm laying in bed and school starts in two days. I'm just happy that I made friends over the summer so I won't be the "new kid".

Me and Sam, another member of Matt's group, that I had become surprisingly close with decided that she would drive here the first day of school, is drive us to school. Then we would hang out after school, and she could take her car home later.

I close my eyes and instantly fall asleep.

When I wake up, I hear an empty house and I realize this is the last day of summer. So deciding to make the most of it I go to the mall and buy new school clothes for the year since I had been putting it off all summer. I sort of loathe shopping.

I and my brother had grown closer, even though he spent most of his time either with or talking to his girlfriend, who just happened to be Abby. A week after he broke things off with his old girlfriend he asked her out and to both our surprises she said yes.

At the mall, I bought several sweaters, skinny jeans, tops, and a pair of black ankle platform boots. I also happened to run into Jake who was eating ice cream with a girl outside of Scoop and Shoot.

"Jake!" I yelled as I ran over and gave him a hug, which was kind of hard considering I was carrying around ten shopping bags. "How have you been? I haven't seen you in like a week!" I give a little laugh and then realize that there is a girl standing by his side.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I'm Cameron." I set some of my bags down and stick out my hand for her to shake. The tension she was previously holding slipped away as I smiled at her. But I get where she was coming from, I did just squeal and run over to hug her.....

"Oh my gosh! Jake! Is this your mystery girl!?" For the past couple weeks, Jake had been talking about this girl all the time, but he wouldn't tell us anything about her.

He turns red, so I know I've got it.

"Oh, honey! he talks about you all the time.!" I turn my voice preppy and squeal a little bit just to make Jake even more embarrassed. I laugh as they both start to look like tomatoes.

"Yes, Big foot, this is Shelby, my girlfriend." I send him a knowing look before smiling at him again.

"I would love to stay and chat, but I've got to go. Guess I'll see you guys tomorrow. It was nice to meet you Shelby, bye fat lard." I pick up my shopping bags, smile at Shelby, and stick my tongue out at Jake before heading out of the mall and driving back home.

Mom and Ty still aren't home and I really don't know where they could be, but I'm guessing Ty's with Abby and mom is probably with Lucille, since they had become close these past few weeks.

I hang up the last of my clothes before pulling out a new shirt I bought. In Ireland the highs around this time of year are in the 60's, and right now Paddington is pushing 80. Lets just say I hadn't planned for the extended heat of my new home, and had to spend money on more summer clothes instead of the comfy sweaters I crave.

I glance out my window at the sound of a car and see a black car pulling in next door. Must mean Matt's home. Hmmm, this is kind of early for him I mean it's only five-thirty. I turn off my closet light and shut the door, before glancing back out my window. Again I see two heads, one golden one platinum. Now I've gotten used to this, seeing it happens almost every week. Boy gets around. I shake my head before grabbing my phone and heading downstairs.