19:Netflix and Book Stores

A week passed with little events, except for the questioning whispers and stares I received because of my bandaged head. The stories circulating on how it happened where hilarious, and gave me ample reason to burst out laughing in the middle of class, which caused me to get even weirder stares.
But now the weekend is here and I don't have to wear the bandage anymore, much to my relief. My head is still sore so I couldn't join Jake at the fair, the same fair all my other friends happened to be at. Leaving me to enjoy my own company this weekend. So now I'm sitting on my bed with my Mac in my lap, watching the new season of Arrow. God why is Oliver so hot!!? Now I'm a huge Vampire Diaries fan but since I've watched all the seasons on Netflix I was show searching. And I just happened to stumble across Arrow, and now I'm addicted. Shoving another handful of popcorn in my mouth I realize this is Friday night. Most girls my age are out partying or with a boy, and I'm here on Netflix with a bowl of popcorn and perfectly happy. Woop woop for me. Alone and happy!!! Ok maybe I hit my head a little hard.
The only think that could make the night better was if Matt was her- What!! No no no no!! Bad Cameron.
I don't want Matt here, no I just uh.......um.....
Riiiiinnnnnngggggg. Ha saved by the bell. Even if its from my own self. I lunge across my bed to grab my phone and answer the call without looking at the caller id.
"Hello?" My voice is raspy from lack of use so I take a gulp of my water from my night stand.
"Mer?" A smile slips onto my face.
"We'll if it isn't book boy! To what do I owe the pleasure?" I pause my show.
"Well I was wondering if you would like to do... um something tonight?" He sounds so nervous I can't help but smile.
"What did you have in mind?" I tug lightly on a lock of hair and wait.
"Well you know that little book store on the corner of 5th and 8th? Well I was wondering if you would want to meet up there. Just to hang and read some." Touched at his offer I eagerly accept. Informing him ill be there in half an hour. How can this boy be so perfect, hang out in a book store? Um, hell yes. I lug myself out of bed to at least make myself look presentable.
Rushing around my room I throw on a pair of boy cut skinny jeans ripped at the knees, an oversized black shirt, and my red converse. Pulling my hair into a top knot, I fix my leftover makeup from the school day and grab the Last Mortal Instruments book on my way out the bedroom door.
"Mom I'm heading out to the book store, ill be back later." I tell her as I pass her siting at the kitchen bar. She looks over reading glasses at me.
"I thought you weren't going out. Are you sure you feel okay?"
"I'm fine mom. And I didn't want to go to the fair, but the book store is calm enough. Love you mom." Her eyes soften and she shoos me off after a quick hug.
I reach the book store 10 minutes early, so I'm exceedingly surprised when I find Logan already there. Pushing open the doors I'm engulfed in the smell of paper and the sight of book after book filling the small place. I scan the room and startle when I see Logan leaning against the wall by a book display thumbing through a book looking as hot as ever. His sandy hair adorably messy and his muscles straining slightly against his shirt. I mean hes nothing compared to Matt- I shake my head. No, im not doing that again. I head his way, him not even aware of my presence. When I'm right in front of him I jump forward and shout boo. All heads turn my direction, which only consists of the girl behind the counter and another girl over in the biography section. Logan drops the book and jumps a foot in the air.
"God Mer." He gasps. Hand over his heart. "You almost gave me a heart attack." I can't help but laugh.
"Goodness, you really are a book boy." I snicker before settling into one of the plush lounge chairs in the reading corner of the small shop. He plops into the one across from me while I pull out my book and open it to my book marked page.
"So what have you been up to?" I don't know why but Logan is just so easy to talk to. He had such an open and honest air about him.
"Oh nothing much. Just falling over my coffee table and getting stitches. You?" My voice is so casual his face doesn't register shock for a couple seconds.
"What?" I only shrug. "We'll I haven't done anything near as interesting as you, by I did finish Brisingr."
I sit forward fast in my seat, gripping the arm rests.
"It was amazing wasnt it!?"
"Woah now. Calm down tiger." He laughs quietly and I just roll my eyes. I curl one leg beneath me and start reading where I had left off about halfway through the book.
2 hours later I read the last word and sighing dreamily I close the book.
Logan glances up before returning to his book before again snapping back to me.
"You finished!?" His mouth is hanging open and I can't help but laugh.
"You look like a fish. And yes I finished." He snaps his mouth shut.
"Do not." He mumbles. "And goodness girl you breezed right through that thing. I mean you only bought it last Saturday. I blush slightly since he remembered what I bought.
"I only started it Wednesday. I had plenty of time." I wave the matter away, but he just looks at me with something close to awe.
"Do you want to get some ice cream." I randomly blurt out, and right on cue my stomach growls.
"Why don't we get supper first?" He seems a little nervous to ask but I quickly nod my head.
"So where to?" He asks with a smile. We both look at each other and answer at the same time.
"McDonald's."

This boy is literally an angel.