4:Bowling and Big Foot

"So what do you think?"

"What the hell is this!" I look back out the window to make sure my eyes aren't deceiving me.

"This is the Barn-" Matt says with a growing smile.

"No shit Sherlock. It's a freaking barn!"

"Oh, hush up. This is the town's party place. All the big ones are thrown here." Matt says as he stretches his legs out and leans back in his leather seat.

"We are here because..." I give a strange look as I look at the old barn that looks like with one breath could fall over. Much less a bunch of drunk teenagers.

"You said you wanted to see the place, so I'm showing you all the important places."

"So a run down barn is one of those." I lean back in my seat," No wonder my mom is weird, she was raised here." I mumble the last part to myself, but by Matt's laugh, I'm guessing he heard.

"Now off we go." He puts the car in reverse and gets back onto the gravel road that leads back to the main road.

"So what weird place are we going to now." I readjust my seatbelt and look over at Matt.

"Weird? Says the girl wearing Gun's N Roses."

"Hey just because they're better than you doesn't give you any right to be jealous." I run my hand over the band on my shirt, "Don't listen to him." Matt laughs and I scowl at him.

The rest of the ride is in a comfortable silence until we reach a small but well-kept bowling alley on the edge of town.

A Smalley's Lanes sign meets us as we pull into the lot and park.

"Oh, you're so going down!" I jump out of the car and nearly sprint to the front doors.

By the time I hear the door open behind me I've taken in the small crowd of leather-clad people in the small diner area. When I hear footsteps behind me I start to head for the shoe counter, but before I take more than a couple steps the group of people greets Matt.

"Hey, Matt! Who's the new girl?" I turn around at the first voice who belongs to a muscular dark haired boy wearing black jeans and a leather jacket.

"Yeah Matt, who's Rosy girl?" This voice belongs to a clearly dyed platinum blonde in something that shouldn't be considered clothes made of skin tight leather. Her voice, that starts out flirty and seductive, but then turns ice cold and bitter as she looks at me. The fact isn't helped by her high-pitched nasally voice.

When I see that Matt has stopped by the group, I give a small sigh before heading towards them.

"This is Cameron. She's my new neighbor, moved here from Ireland." Matt leans against the half wall separating the eating area from the bowling floor and lanes. By the way, he is so relaxed with this group, I get the feeling this is his clique.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Dallas." The tall dark headed boy that spoke earlier, stretches out his hand and I shake it with a smile. He seems nice with his blue eyes and sweet smile.

"Likewise," I drop his hand after an awkwardly long time and wait for someone else to make a move. All the other boys in the group watch me with dark eyes, and the girls watch me with such hatred I almost have to take a step back. What peed in their cheerios this morning?

"I'm going to go get some shoes." I tell Matt.

"I don't usually come here to bowl." He says with a smirk.

"Yeah well good for you, but I do. So that's what I'm going to do." I give him a sweet smile before turning around and heading to the shoe counter. I hear barely controlled snickers from the other boys, and gasps from the girls. Gosh, how stereotypical can you be?

I reach the counter and behind it stands a tall, muscular brunette boy with a sweet smile. Man, this town is just full of cute guys.

"How can I help you today?"

I smile and lean against the counter.

"Well, I would like some size 9 shoes, please 'em."

"Woah now. We have a big foot in the house!" he puts his hands up in mock surprise and I can't help but laugh.

"Oh shut it. they aren't that big." I prove this by putting my foot on the counter in front of us. Where did this flexibility come from?. "See?"

He laughs before answering. "Yes, I see. But can you please get your foot off my counter?"

"Well, I might be stuck," I mutter this as I try to get my foot off but the rubber sole of my shoe sticks to the high counter. And back to having no coordination or flexibility.

"Want to give me some help?" I give him a cheesy smile, to which he chuckles at but comes to help.

He walks around the end of the counter and comes up behind me.

"Ready? 1, 2, 3." on three he grabs my waist and pulls me backward. When we are far enough backward, my foot falls off the counter and I stand up.

"Thank you... uh...?" I look at him awkwardly.

"Oh yeah, I'm Jake."

"I'm Cameron, and thanks for that." I give him a smile before remembering what I'm here for. "Now about those shoes..."

"Right this way big foot." I smack his arm as he walks by me to get my shoes.

They really aren't that big. Geez.