20:Pain and Rooftops

So I'm addicted to McDonald. Sue me.
I stuff a nugget in my mouth and nod to Logan's suggestion at playing 20 questions.
"And no lying." He gives me a stern look but I only shrug. "You first." He takes a swig of his root beer before leaning contently against the back of his booth.
"Ok." I pause eating a fry. "How old are you?"
"I'm legal if thats what you want to know." Logan is just about as sassy as me when you get last his shyness. I laugh and roll my eyes. "I'm 18. You?" He pips a fry in his mouth with his words.
"Will be in a couple weeks. " I eat some more fries and a nugget. Yeah I don't have the best table manners. "Um you go again I'm not good at this." Laughing he nods.
"Why did you move here?" I'm surprised, how did he know I moved here?
"How did you know?"
"Your accent." He says like its obvious.
"I don't have an accent. At least not one anyone notices." I look at him puzzled.
"Well...." He scratches the back of his neck and looks at me shyly.
"I uh.... Used to live in Ireland too, so I usually can pick up people's accents no matter how vague. But anyways you didn't answer my question."
"Oh well to be honest there wasn't a huge reason. I mean my parents are from America and my mom's parents live here. But the real reason we moved was because my mom had been lonely ever since dad died. And I guess she just felt the need to get away." I swallow hard at the memory of my dad and shovel some more food into my mouth and then taking a swig of my sprite.
"When my mom died we moved back here too." His voice is soft and understanding. I can't help but smile, finally someone who knows my pain. "Why don't we just go. It's getting late and I just remembers I'm supposed to watch my little sister tonight." He shoots out of the booth looking at me apologetically. "I'm so sorry but my moms going to kill me." He looks genuinely scared so I just laugh, put all my fries and chicken in the carton and take it with me as I slide out of the booth.
"It's fine, bye Logan. I had a great time." I find that I'm not lying and my smile is genuine, so when he pull me into a friendly hug I return it.
I climb into my car and head home. For how hot and amazing Logan is, I find myself not liking him. Like in an attracted way to him. If it was only the same way for a certain someone.

Pulling into the driveway I find all the lights off, and glancing at the clock I find its already 11. Guess I kind of lost track of time.
Making it to my room I chuck my phone and bag on my bed but when I'm about to take off my shoes I hear someone calling my name. I look out my window to find two heads poking out the opposite one looking over at me.
"Ron!"
"Cam!"
My name is called at the same time by Dallas and Matt. Which results in elbows flying and curses spewed.
When they settle down Matt looks my way.
"Meet us on your roof." And without another word they both disappear into the darkness of Matt's room. I glance up and find the roof's ledge is barely two feet above the top of my window. How did I not know this before? I quickly slip on my jacket before climbing onto my window ledge. Gripping the roofs ledge I pull myself up onto the cool shingles of my roof. I glance over to Matt's house where I see the two boys standing on his roof.
Right when the thought of how they are going to make it over they both take off running and leap towards my roof. I gasp and cover my eyes expecting two loud thumps from the ground below. But I'm surprised when I hear laughing. Peaking up I see both boys walking my way, two bottles of vodka held by each. Oh crap.
I didn't know I was signing up for this.
None the less, an hour later we are already half way through the fourth bottle. We lay side by side staring up at the stars and passing the bottle back and forth.
"So penguins really aren't birds, they are just seals that grew beaks?" Matt asks his voice adorable and his words slightly slurred.
"Duh, and transformers are so real one day Optimus Prime waved at me." I answer matter of factly. We are all just a little- teeny weeny bit- drunk. Well me and Matt are, Dallas is asleep. I take a big gulp of the alcohol it burning all the way down my throat. Now I'm not a huge drinker, especially at parties. But with Matt and Dallas I didn't feel the need to have all of my senses about me like I usually would. Yeah I'm definitely out of it. I turn my head to look at Matt to find him already looking at me. Giggling I poke his nose.
"You have a cute nose." He laughs along with me before his eyes flick down to my lips.
God I wish he'd kiss me, I bet he'd taste like strawberries. Or maybe lime, no he would taste like oranges. While I'm puzzling over what Matt's lips would taste like I don't notice him leaning closer until my question is answered.
His soft lips press against mine and it seems like my last guess was right. The taste of oranges and alcohol floods my senses as he cups the back of my head and rolls over so he's hovering above me. I slide my hands up his chest and around his shoulders to tangle in his hair. My whole body ignites in sparks. I'm suddenly out of breath but I don't pull away. Fireworks explode behind my eyes and I pull his face closer. His lips part mine slowly before his tongue slips into my mouth. I groan into his mouth before wrapping my legs around his waist. He pulls me tighter to him and slides one hand down my side to rest at the small of my back. We both break for air, but Matt continues to trail light kisses down my jaw to my neck. He starts to kiss the place where my neck meets my shoulder and I can't control the soft gasp that escapes through my mouth. I grip his hair tighter and he just kisses me harder.
Finally after a sweet eternity he runs his lips back up to mine. I feel him smile against my lips and I can't help but to smile back. He kisses me hard before nuzzling his face in my neck and humming in appreciation when I run my hand down his back.
Sighing In contentment I take one last look at the bright stars before falling into an alcohol induced sleep, the hard shingles digging into my back.
But for some reason I slept better than I have in months.