Log: 4

The five of you walked closer to the bushes on the road, in case another army truck drove by or anything. Which, it did. You all jumped into the bushes, and waited for the vehicles to drive out of sight before getting up and walking again. The wind began to kick up. A few hours had passed.

"Storm's coming in soon." You said. Ningguang took her backpack off and pulled out a sweater. Razor untied the one on his head and put it on, then turned to Bennett.

"Put it on." He pointed at his old sweater that was tied around Bennett's waist.

"Do you want a sweater?" Xiao asked you.

"Yeah probably." He opened the duffel, and pulled out a jacket for himself, then handed you a windbreaker. You held the duffel for him as he put on the jacket, then he took it back. The progress you made was great, considering you weren't wading through water. Another two hours had passed and it began to rain hard.

"Okay guys, I believe we can get to the mountains by nightfall!" You shouted over the hard rain.

"Okay!!" They all responded.

"Do you guys wanna run??!!"

"YES!" Razor shouted, scaring all of you. You raised a thumbs up into the air, and began running, the other four followed you. Your foot hurt a little, so you weren't as fast as you wanted to be, but you kept up with them.

"ALRIGHT! WE'RE COMING UP TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OF THE MOUNTAIN." You yelled.

"OKAY LET'S RUN FASTER!" Ningguang yelled. The sun was setting.

"LOOK THERE'S TENTS!" Xiao pointed. You guys sprinted, and finally made it. You placed your hands on your knees and tried to catch your breath. You ran up to one of the canopy tents, as there were tables set under them, and one person sitting there. They immediately got up seeing the five of you. You saw them yell out something and another person from the house behind came running out with a large box of items.

"Are you guys okay?? My name's Jorge, and this is my wife Anabella. We're here to help you in any way we can."

"Um I'm Y/n, and this is Ningguang, Xiao, Razor, and Bennett" They all waved. "We need to stay somewhere for the night.."

"Alright, Ana, do we have room for five more?"

"We certainly do, but you guys would have to bunk together." His wife said.

"That's fine, where do we go?" You asked.

"You guys can follow me, and hurry." She grabbed your hand and dragged you, the other four followed, and her husband was last carrying the large box of items. Inside their home, the furniture had been moved around so many people could sleep. She led you to a room in the basement, that had two beds. "Jorge the box."

"Right." He handed the box to you. "Inside, there's goods like snacks, bottled waters, and some stuff to keep you warm, as well as nose clips for the water in case another wave hits again. If you need anything please let us know. My wife will be upstairs, and I will be out under that tent over there."

"Thank you so much sir" You all bowed.

"Oh uh, no problem" He was a little confused. "Why did they bow?" He whispered to his wife as they left.

"It's a way of saying thank you, apologizing, and also a greeting." She whispered back.

"Ahh" You closed the door.

"So, who's sleeping where? I need all of us to be on the beds, so don't even think about saying you're going to sleep on the floor." You said.

"Razor and I can sleep on this bed!" Bennett said.