Log: 8

"There's a lot of people here.." You spun around as you walked. You felt a hand grab yours tightly and looked down, seeing Xiao's hand. He pointed at someone.

"Guh- I think- I think that's my mom??!!" He said. You gasped.

"Xiao?? Go check!!!" You pushed him towards the lady, and he nodded, running towards her. He stood in front of her, but immediately you saw his facial expression turn sad.

"Why did Xiao go over there?" Bennett asked. You pouted and ran towards him as he walked back sadly.

"No?" He shook his head. You sighed. "Xiao I'm so sorry" You hugged him. He wrapped his arms around you tightly.

"I- I seriously thought it was h-her.." He sniffled.

"It's alright okay? We'll find her soon." You ruffled his hair. The other's looked at each other with confusion, but didn't ask about it.

"I feel stupid"

"Don't! You didn't know, so it's not your fault and it doesn't make you dumb." You looked around at the street full of people.

"O-okay.."

"Do you need me to do anything else?"

"Can I just walk next to you?" Xiao asked.

"Are you sure that's it?" He shook his head, and pulled away from the hug. He wiped his tears, and pointed at your hand. "Alright." You held your hand out, and he intertwined his fingers with yours.

"M-my mom, always held my hand when I got sad..." Xiao said.

"I can... hold your hand whenever you need.." You said quietly. He smiled, and nodded.

"Look look! They're holding hands! Why can't we hold hands???" Bennett whispered. Razor glared. "Sorry..." Razor shook his head disapprovingly, and grabbed Bennett's hand. "Wha-" Razor looked at Bennett's shocked face and smiled.

"Cute."

"WHAAA???!" Bennett let go of Razor's hand and covered his now red face. Razor laughed at him, and they began following you.

"Guys, in around five hours I think we'll make it to the highway-" A car halted to a stop next to you.

"MOM??" Ningguang ran to the front window. The five of you stood behind her awkwardly as the lady got out of the car and hugged Ningguang.

"So I guess she can find her mom but I can't." Xiao said.

"Hey don't think like that, remember what I said." You moved a strand of hair away from his face.

"Guys! This is my mom!"

"Hi Ms. Ningguang's mom." Bennett said.

"Hi you guys! Where are you going?"

"We're trying to get to Yukhan..." You said.

"I'll give you a ride to Preaizi, does that sound good?"

"Yeah..." You said. She smiled, and opened her trunk.

"Put your bags inside!" You nodded, and put your backpack in, then the duffel with Xiao's skateboard, and everyone else's bag. Ningguang sat in the passenger's seat, and the five of you squeezed into the back. "Sorry about the tight squeeze."

"It's okay!" Ganyu said.

"It's really tight..." You said.

"Y/n come over here."

"Alright." You left Xiao's side and awkwardly crept over the boys to sit on Ganyu's lap. He looked sadly outside of the window.

"Why are you guys going to Preaizi?" Ningguang's mom asked.