Chapter Five

The weeks after first talking to her went by in a blur; she was as excited as I was. We started the tour out in Miami and then worked our way up the east coast. Honestly, I could barely focus in rehearsals, sometimes I forgot what city we were in. All I could think about was her short brown curls that probably looked crazy when she first woke up..

'OMAR' Felix yelled from the seat in front of me. 'Zone back in for a few minutes and message the Portland girl!'

'Tell her we're on our way and want to meet with her,' Daff said. 'We're going to be so lost in this city.'

I pulled out my phone and went to my twitter, scrolling through the fan DMs and clicking on her messages.

Omar: Eyyo! We are en route to Portland! Unfortunately, we're taking the bus :(. Want to meet us... I stopped, not sure of where she should meet us.

'Where should we meet?'

Daff had to think for a bit. 'Ask for her mum's number. Let's surprise her at her house,' he said, a mischievous grin creeping on to his face.

I backspaced a bit, then continued my message to this amazing girl.

Omar: Eyyo! We are en route to Portland! Unfortunately, we're taking the bus :(. Daff wants your mum's phone number for some reason?

I didn't even bother to put my phone away; there's no time difference to mess with us now.

Message from Emma

Hey! It's so cool that you're coming to Portland! And, yeah, my mom's number is..

* *

* *

I tried my hardest to eavesdrop on my mom's conversation with Daff, but she obviously knew I would because as soon as I heard the 'hello?' I heard the front door shut.

I flopped onto the couch and scrolled through my twitter feed before clicking my DMs.

Emma: hey Omar! How's the ride so far? I didn't expect him to answer as quickly as he did.

Omar: Eyyo! It's been okay, Felix is already snoring :( Emma, right?

Emma: That's me! Poor you! :P What's Daff saying?

Omar: HEY! That's a secret (;

Emma: Oh fine! When will you guys be here?

Omar: Actually, we've been on the road for like 3 hours, so maybe around 4:30 or 5?

Emma: I am so glad that I'm on a two week break :) I get to come to your concert!

* *

* *

Talking to her put the biggest smile on my face and Felix just happened to wake up the exact moment she made me blush.

'Whatcha doing Omarrrr?' he teased.

'Nothing!' I said a bit too fast. He grabbed my phone and started to read the messages out loud.

'OMAR HAS A CRUSH!' Felix screeched.

'Felix, stop! I do not have a crush!' I could feel my face giving me away though.

'Well....maybe. I can't wait to actually meet her.' The blush deepened; my face was not going to be on my side today.