Chapter Seven

This was it. We were turning on to her street now. I was about to meet the girl that hasn't left my mind since the beginning of the tour. Saying my heart was going fast would be an understatement.

**

**

Since our pizza escapade, the rain had let up a little and my mother and I were finally warming up. But instead of changing into some house clothes, my mom had on something very nice. she even put on makeup!

'Mom, you ok? You're really...nice looking' I said warily. She gave me a weird look and laughed.

'I'm fine are you fine? Are you feeling ok?'

'Mom, I'm fine, what's up?'

'Nothing. Let's get the pizzas started!'

I rolled my eyes and ran up the stairs. Something's up if she's dressed up this late in the afternoon, so I decided I'd look presentable too. I ran back down and tied an apron around my waist to keep the sauce off of my clothes. We had just started putting cheese on the pizza crusts when there was a knock on the door.
My mom jumped about a foot in the air, the noise pulling her out of her "cooking zone", as she called it.

'Em, keep going please, I'll get the door.' She wiped her hands on her apron and peeked out of the window before going to the door. I could hear my mom whisper something, but I didn't think anything of it. That is, until I heard six sets of footsteps in the hall.

She probably just has friends over I thought to myself, putting the first pizza in the oven.

'Hey Em? Can you grab my charger out of the living room, please?' She came back over to the counter, phone in hand.

'Yeah mom, sure,' I wiped my hands on the apron and untied it, placing it on the counter.

I walked into the other room, vaguely aware of the fact that my mom was right behind me.

**
**

'Hey Em? Can you grab my charger out of the living room, please?' I heard her mom ask. My heart was going a mile a minute and I could barely breathe.
Felix glanced at me and put his hand on my shoulder. I could hear footsteps coming closer and closer and I felt my breath catch in my throat.

**
**

I rounded the corner, looking in the usually spot for my mom's charger when I noticed a foreign pair of shoes out of the corner of my eye. I followed the shoes up to the legs, and then up to the torso. And finally, the face.