Chapter Eleven

We trampled down the stairs and into the 'basement' as I called it. I flicked through the movie cases as the guys grabbed the popcorn my mom had set out upstairs. I had just found Happy Gilmore when I heard someone coming down the stairs.

'Hey Emma. I hope I didn't scare you,' Omar said, pulling me into a hug.

'You didn't! I was just focused on finding this movie,' I laughed, looking up at his face. He still had his arms around me when the first preview came on to the screen with a loud crash and we both jumped.

'Um..maybe I should turn it down?' I questioned, going for the remote.

'No, it's ok. We can sit down if you want?' He asked, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the couch.
This is not happening. This is TOTALLY happening, I thought.
We were still holding hands when the rest of the guys came down stairs.

Felix winked and asked, 'You didn't start the movie without us did you?'
Once the others were sat down, I hit the play button and the opening credits started.

A few minutes into the movie, I felt something on my shoulder and twisted to see what it was. It was Omar's arm.
'I can move if you want,' he said quickly.
'No, it's fine,' I said and leaned against him.

**
**

About halfway through the movie, the boys and I were cracking up. I glanced down to see if Emma was enjoying our reactions, but she was fast asleep. Something came over me and before I could think, I leaned down and kissed her forehead. And of course everyone saw it. Felix even had his phone out!

'That didn't happen, got it?' I said seriously.

'Sir, yes sir!' Felix said jokingly and the other two burst out laughing.