Cat

Denki was so stupid. Stupid, stupid,stupid. He had gone after a purse snatcher and got hit with a quirk,what kind of quirk was this? Now that he had a year of being a prohero, of being Chargebolt by himself and not just an intern he'dexpected himself not to make mistakes like this. Getting hit by aquirk from a purse snatcher and becoming a cat. A cat of all things.From what he could see he was a sandy yellow colored cat and he waswalking along. What was he going to do? He supposed he could findKoda and tell him what happened but getting to the man would not beea-

"What are you doing out here?"Denki froze up, he knew that voice. "Poor thing, you could havegotten ran over." Hitoshi Hitoshi, Underground Pro Hero Mind Jack,said turning Denki over and hummed looking Denki over, though hedidn't know it was Denki. "No collar, but you look well fed andtaken care of, not a stray and you're letting me hold you, notferal." He hummed and Denki was trying to figure out a way to letHitoshi know that he was not a normal cat while the purple haired manplaced him against his chest and walked away, "you're luckykitty-cat, I was heading home. I'll call about any missing petreports before I head off for dinner." Denki was then worried, heand Hitoshi would go out to have a light dinner, despite it being 3AM, and a drink-usually for Hitoshi being coffee which made hisinsomnia worse. Denki and Hitoshi did this every week, Tuesday nightgoing into the wee hours of Wednesday morning was the only time thetwo of them got off patrol at the same time. The purple haired manwas far from the only person he did this with, every Sunday, unlesssomeone was on a mission, Mina, Kiriashima, Bakugo, Sero and himselfmet up somewhere to relax with a movie and some junk food. Still,Hitoshi is one of Denki's best friends, even if he had been hopingfor more since he met the then-general studies classmate, and unlikehis other many crushes it did not go away over time instead he likedhim more and more. But Hitoshi was now counted in his best friend andthat was enough.

If either had to ever have to miss onethey'd txt the other. How would Hitoshi react? He didn't want the manto think he stood him up.

Unfortunately it was going to happenone way or another and so Denki, after trying to stop him hoping thatHitoshi would instead txt him that he couldn't come, but he did not.Denki ran around, he was panicking, he knew that he should figuresomething out but how would he do that?

He had thought maybe he'd be able totalk to Hitoshi's two cats but he couldn't understand them any betterthan when he was normal. One was named Cinder that he had adoptedwhen he was officially adopted by Aizawa from his foster home and theother was a tabby cat named Jigglypuff, she was actually a gift fromDenki, he had found the kitten in a fallen building alive but hurt,thanks to that she was deaf but luckily her broken back leg hadhealed and she was okay. Denki had suggested Jigglypuff after herloud meows. Those two cats sniffed at him and seemed to know who hewas rubbing against him like the two always did.

It always had made him feel special,that Jigglypuff stayed away from everyone except Hitoshi and himself.

Two hours later, or at least he had tothink it was because of the time he could read on the clock whenHitoshi came in. Denki flinched thinking that the lavender coloredeyed man would be angry but it was far from that, instead he lookeddevastated. Like someone had died.

Heshook and pushed past the cats that came to him, he had two cats andplus Denki who was currently in a cat form to made three. Hitoshireached down picking up his black cat named Cinder, holding thelovable cat to his face and letting out a few dry sobs, his fingersshaking to not squeeze the bombay cat.