They Will Be Near

This is a continuation of the chapter They Will Be Mine

Dabi did as Name had instructed him, before bed he stripped naked andtook some of the bandages they had given him and the watery cream-itwas too watery to be cream but too solid to be lotion-and slatheredon the light green cream before wrapping them. He was used towrapping his own wounds, not being one for touch because he was aprivate man it felt cool but nothing like the soft gentle touch oftheir (skin tone) hand on his.

But they were a lot more observant and perspective then he hadthought. But they seemed so...open to it. And so now he was unable towatch them in their apartment and stay on the other side of the roadwhen watching them.

It was just nearing a week when he thought of something, it was Togacooing over a 'date' she wished to go on that she was drawing intoher 'dream journal' the green she was using made it clear who it was,it was that one kid that Shigiraki was obsessed with, the classmateof Shoto's, Midorya. Something she said snapped into him, 'I can'twait till my sweet Izuku is here~ I can pamper him and snuggle him~and he'll bleed for me! Bl-" he stopped listening after that but itmade him start thinking, it wasn't something that he had ever seenhis parents do to each other, instead he was more likely to seeorange flames. Flames he hated.

He wasn't a romantic and never dreamed up things like that but thisdid get him thinking. The word 'pamper' is what ran through his mind.Sure he wasn't really one to think or do that but thinking how tiredthey were, how weak their quirk had become because they hadn't gottenrest, even if it was back to full force after a meal.

Despite having a meal and card games once a week with a handful ofpeople there was no one who was taking care of them. It wouldn'thurt...

He put on his disguise heading to a coffee shop, the same place thatName went to every week, he had been able to find what their normalbrew was, a (fancy coffee/tea) and seeing the treats tried to thinkof what they had and pick something that they hadn't and decided on a'seasonal' pastry, a rosewater vegan sable cookie. He got it in alittle box and a cup he knew they would be heading out soon so hehurried to enter the apartment, it was a lot harder with a small boxand a cup but he managed to do it by pulling himself up to set thecup then the box on the lip of the balcony before climbing uphimself.

He was happy to find the balcony was opened as well, and he couldn'thelp but think that they liked him coming, they knew he was comingbut left the door open. He walked in and set the (coffee/tea) andcookie on the kitchen table before hurrying to climb down and hurryto watch them heading back to the hospital, the idea that anyone likehim could see how valuable they were, but not how good they were.Hurt them.

Dabi had spent his entire seeing all the evil that lied in peoples'hearts, he had honestly thought that they were too good, they actedlike a literal saint. What was the draw back?

- - - - -

That became a habit, every once in a while when he had a chance to hedropped something off on their table, a cup of (coffee/tea), astuffed (your pet), a ball of yarn, a newly released book from(favorite author). This continued until one day he found a note.

Dabi-I thinkyour name is Dabi? That is what the news calls you,