Part twenty- Pushing His Buttons.

Okay so this took longer to write than I thought, but I had a form of writers block :3 nevermind, it's here now, enjoy! :) xx

I’m The Option You Shouldn’t Have Chosen- Part twenty- Pushing His Buttons.

As I sat waiting for Slade, I glanced at my ‘file’ that he had left on the coffee table and curiosity got the better of me. I grabbed hold of the file and my heartbeat picked up. What was I expecting to find? I slipped the first page in my fingers and began to read.

‘Mother: Arabella Rossi

Father: Unknown

Violet Chellsworth was abandoned at birth by her mother, Arabella Rossi. Her father and his whereabouts are unknown.

Violet was taken in by a caring family in the human world where she knows nothing of her former parents.’

By the time I had finished reading the first page my hands were shaking. Adopted?

Who were those people who raised me? Everything I had ever been told was wrong. All the baby photos and all the Christmas’s, they were all fake. Every birthday, every hug and every kiss, everything was wrong.

And Slade had known this whole time. He had known all about it and not told me. I hated him for it. I wanted to scream at him. I wanted to hit him. But mainly, I wanted to run. I wanted to get away from all of this and get away from everything. My life was a lie. The only thing that would make me feel even the slightest bit satisfied right now would be smacking him across the face. And deep down, in his dead heart, I think he would know that he deserved it.

On the top hand corner of the page there was a photo of a beautiful woman. I looked just like her. We had the same face structure and the same coloured hair, but what really struck you were her eyes. Every single feature was like looking at a copy of me, only aged by a few years. She looked like a woman who would have been a great mother. She looked strong and radiated confidence.

I thought of my own parents who raised me. Yes, they raised me well. I wasn’t a trouble maker. I had a roof over my head and food to eat each night. They loved me like I was their own and always tried to give me the best in life. But even now, thinking of all of the positive things still wasn’t enough to keep my anger and sadness at bay. Everything I knew was wrong.

I felt betrayed by all of this. Why didn’t my own mother want me? Was I not good enough for her?

I turned to the next page and saw that it was a whole file on her.

‘Arabella Rossi lives in Alaska where she is highly skilled in witchcraft. She lives in a human world but is known to be highly powerful by other immortals.

She has two sons and a husband. Arabella Rossi works as a full time primary school teacher.’

My real mother was a witch? What did that make me?

I knew I wasn’t a witch because I didn’t have powers. And she had two other kids? I had siblings? Would they be my full-blooded siblings of only half-blooded? Did they know I existed?

How could she abandon me, and then go off and have other kids?

I was beyond furious. But mostly, I was upset. Was anything good ever going to come from my life?

I stole the page and photo of my mother and proceeded to fold and tuck it in my shirt. I didn’t want Slade to take it from me. The more I thought about it, the more upset I got and in no time I was a crying mess. My stomach clenched at the thought of what my life could have been like and I squeezed my eyes tighter because I didn’t want to think about where I could have been instead of the place I was at now.  I curled myself into the couch and let the sobs rack my body until I fell asleep.