Part eleven- Filthy Humans

A/N: Hey guys, first off I know it's short :3 but it's late at night and I didn't have much computer time. I'll be sure to try and write more tomorrow but I can't guarentee another post for a few days. Sorry about any mistakes I was excited to post so it may be a little bit rushed.

Now secondly I'd like to thank MelanieGonzalez for making me a GREAT cover :D I toally love it.

Well anyways, I'm off guys, have a good read and goodnight xx

I’m The Option You Shouldn’t Have Chosen- Part eleven- Filthy Humans

I don’t know what my aim was by touching his leg. It was dangerous and probably overly stupid but I felt as if I had to compete with Isabella. Slade slowly turned to look at me with a disapproving but questioning look in his eyes. I shrugged my shoulders and moved my hand so it rested on his arm until I realised we were getting curious glances from people around the table. My outfit would indeed appear shocking to them since they were dressed up all fancy.  But still if they couldn’t approve of me then it sure as hell wasn’t fair if they approved of Isabella.

“You want to play with a vampire...” Slade whispered in my ear, “Then you gotta’ act like one too.”

I didn’t understand what he meant until I saw the waiters going around the table with plates of food.

I could see all of the ‘guests’ sniffing with delight as the plates were set in front of them with what looked to be almost raw meat, mashed potato, roasted vegetables and a whole heap of blood sauce dripping over the top.

“I can’t eat this.” I said to Slade as I looked directly into his eyes.

“You’ll do as I say, and I say you have to eat it.”

“It’s covered in blood!” I cried out and everyone around the table turned to stare at me.

“Ugh, get over it. Pathetic little human.” Isabella muttered.

“Don’t respond to her. “Slade ordered. “Now eat.”

I looked down at my plate and almost gagged. The smell of warm blood filled my nostrils and it was not satisfying. I longed for a nice home-cooked, blood free roast.

Even though Slade was horrible and torturous I still felt as if I had to impress him, not to mention the fact that I wanted to be better than Isabella. If only I had the in-human looks and blemish-free skin.

I took a deep breath as I cut up a piece of meat and placed it into my mouth, chewing on it slowly. It was disgusting! I tried to tune out the taste and think of something else as I swallowed it and scooped up some mashed potato on my fork. I could have sworn I felt all eyes at the table looking at me but I was too self-conscious to look up.

And of course they’d be staring; I bet they didn’t see a human half-willing to eat blood every day.

I looked over at Slade to see him staring at me with curiosity in his eyes and I just shrugged while eating a mouthful of carrot. Even though I was starving it seemed as if my food didn’t want to stay down and kept threatening to come back up.