Part nineteen- It's Like Nothing You've Ever Imagined

Another upload :D this took longer than it wanted to but I just didn't quite know what I was doing with the end part, but it's here now!! I'm going to try uploading more often but the next part may not come for two weeks :3 I know you guys will stick by me though, because you're all awesome! xx

I’m The Option You Shouldn’t Have Chosen- Part nineteen- It’s Like Nothing You’ve Ever Imagined

I took my gaze away from the crystal jug that seemed like it held the answer to all of my worries and looked up at Slade.

“What type of agreement?” At this point I was willing to do anything. I wanted nothing more than to feel the blood sliding down my throat; I wanted to savor every drop. If this is what it was like for a human, then I wondered what it would be like for a vampire. I imagined that it would be a lot worse and that they could smell it around them all the time. I would lose control so easily and not be able to handle it.

I watched as Slade took hold of a crystal goblet and filled it with around a mouthful of blood. He then proceeded to slide the glass gently across the table towards me. I calmly reached for the glass instead of lurching forward and snatching it like I wanted to. The tips of my fingers brushed Slade’s hand and shivers ran down my spine as I wrapped a tight grip around the goblet.

“You can drink it and if you want more you can answer a question for me. But you have to answer it with complete honesty. Just remember darling, if you lie, I’ll know.” Slade said it so intently that it made me want to drop the glass and run. But I guess that’s how I’ve always felt around him. I would always be the prey just as he would always be the predator.

I held the goblet to my lips and let the warm liquid slide through my mouth. I heard myself give a satisfying moan that I wasn’t in control. My body shuddered as it passed through my veins. It was like having the world in your hands, everything you’ve ever wanted and ever needed would be yours. It was like being in a meadow with sunlight, while you danced around, basked in happiness as you felt warmth radiating through your skin… And it was all over when I opened my eyes and realized I was in no meadow and I had no happiness. I didn’t have everything I wanted, the only thing I had was a vampire sitting across from me giving me a sexy smirk.

“Do you want more?” Slade asked while giving me a knowing smile and reaching across to take the goblet from my hand. I watched as he filled it with another small amount. This is what my body needed, it made me feel good, and it made me feel strong.

“Yes please.” I answered just above a whisper without wanting to look him in the eye. As much as I wanted this, I still felt embarrassed. Because as much as I thought I needed this, deep down I knew I probably didn’t. And that was the shocking truth. Over everything I believed in I was still doing this by choice. I was drinking blood and enjoying it. Would I one day become as sick and twisted as Slade?

“What are you?” Slade asked boldly while holding the goblet just out of reach. He looked at me with a confronting gaze with a hint of suspicion across his face. Was he asking what I was because of the blood? Was I actually not meant to be like this?

“W-what do you mean?” I stuttered nervously. “You told me that I would crave the blood. Am I not meant to want it?”

You could see it clear in his eyes that he thought I wasn’t telling the truth. But it wasn’t my fault that I didn’t know what he was talking about!

He took a deep breath and then opened his mouth to speak. “Look darling, we can do this the easy way of the hard way. Just answer me, what are you? How did you know that Darton, Alec and Blake were going to be here?”