004

"We're home! We made it!"
Kat and Ivy squealed as they saw the familiar streets of their home. The group had just entered the beautiful coastal region of Santa Barbara. The purple and orange hues of the setting sun graced the sky as Gray sped up. He let the windows down while the others whooped and cheered in utter excitement. They could taste the saltiness of the crashing waves beside the road and could smell the sweet summer breeze. Street lamps lit up the boulevard, providing some ambient lighting. It was one of the most beautiful things they'd ever seen.

"FUCK YEAH! SANTA BARBARA HERE WE COME!" Tyson and Gray yelled at the top of their lungs. The girls cheered them on, raising their arms as the breeze flowed through their hair. Summer break had officially started, and for them, this was clearly just the beginning.

——————

The group of four saw a very welcoming diner upon entry and decided to stop by for some dinner before they settled into their holiday home. Rainbow lights dazzled in the entry as a bright neon sign, reading 'MAMA's DINER' was posted sky high. They quickly settled into a booth in the corner of the diner, bellies rumbling like crazy.

"Hi, I'm Chelsea. Welcome to Mama's. What can I get for you today?" A short, blonde girl dressed in uniform spoke, clearly uninterested and over her job. She glanced down at the peculiar group and a smile quickly replaced her lack of energy.
"What would you like handsome?" She placed a hand on the small of Gray's neck, pushing her chest forward. Gray was practically in between her breasts. He was flustered, confused at the sudden action.

"I'm just gonna have the pancakes please. Extra syrup if that's alright" Gray tried to keep his cool, a girl has never been so direct with him before. Chelsea, the waitress hummed as she wrote his order down. As she turned towards the other three her smile dropped and the look of boredom returned. Glaring at the blonde and brunette ladies sat at the table, she asked
"And you?"
"We're just gonna have three orders of loaded fries. Less cheese on one of them though. Thanks." Chelsea left without another word, glancing at Gray once more and winking before turning away.

"Baby G! My man! She was totally hitting on you." Tyson smirked, reading the situation clearly.
"It's not like that at all. She was just being nice." He was clearly still flustered but also embarrassed. Gray was really only there for food.

"Nice? Please! She looked like she wanted to kill us." Kat was in denial about Chelsea's nice personality.

It wasn't long before their table was filled with their orders. Gray's pancakes were drowning in syrup as the butter melted on top. The other three were in awe of the fries smothered in cheese. It was a bloody good meal and very much what the group needed after the long drive.

"I think Kat and I might go out tonight, you guys are more than welcome to come." Ivy spoke. The boys shared glances with each other before turning to Ivy.
"I think we'll chill at the house V. Ty and I are a little out of it tonight."
"BORING!" Kat interrupted Gray. The girl's energy never seemed to disappear. She was always up for a good adventure. No matter how small.
"Your loss. Kat and I will go out then." Ivy winked at Kat. The latter returned the gesture by blowing an air kiss. The boys rolled their eyes as they dug into their food.

Once the group were finished with their meals they slowly made their way to the exit. Gray was met with plump lips on his cheek as he reached for the door handle. "Bye handsome." Chelsea pulled away and went back to serving the rest of the customers. Gray turned towards the other three in confusion. Tyson slowly clapped, feeling proud of his friend, who he felt was about to get laid. Ivy rolled her eyes and laughed as Kat turned away, looking a little bothered. She bit her bottom lip anxiously. Gray was puzzled by Kat's reaction but shrugged it off assuming it was nothing more.