007

Tyson and Gray were sat at the kitchen island alone. They had no sign of the girls. Their room was empty and they weren't answering their phones.
"Dude! I've tried V's phone like twenty times and she still hasn't picked up. Fucking hell." Tyson wasn't shy of expressing his frustration. He slammed his closed fist down onto the kitchen counter. They were worried for the girls' safety, especially considering their outfits from last night. More than anything, they just wanted to know that the girls were fine.
"Same. I tried Kat. Probably left her like 7000 texts but she hasn't read one." Gray sighed, this was very unlike his two girl friends and that made him uneasy.

The boys wondered if they should go look for them. They wanted to, but they knew nothing about this place. It definitely wasn't going to be easy.

A knock broke them out of their thoughts. They walked over together hoping it was their girls. Once opened, they were greeted by two boys with similar height to them. Identical raven hair and tattoos. The boys were more than confused.

"Um this might be the wrong addr——"
"You boys know Kat and Ivy?" The one on the left, Lucas, asked interrupting Gray.
"Yes." Tyson nodded cautiously, confused by the boys in front of them. The boys wondered how they knew about the girls. So they decided to step lightly with the information they shared. The twins stepped aside gesturing towards their Cadillac. Tyson and Gray's eyes followed naturally. It was a sight for sore eyes. Their girls were sprawled across the back seat, leaning against one another, asleep. Tyson let go a breath of relief he didn't even know he was holding as Gray immediately sprinted towards the car.

Swinging the car door open he reached for Kat. He pulled the sunglasses off her face gently.
"The fuck are you doing?" Kat spoke, scaring Gray in the process. He frowned in realisation. The girls were hungover. Tyson walked over noticing Gray's change in demeanour. Kat and Ivy threw up peace signs and chuckled as they got out of the car. They reeked of alcohol, hair all wild and tangled.
"Hey boys." Ivy groaned as she started to feel a little headache. She may not have gotten as drunk as Kat, but the alcohol hit different this time. Tyson nor Gray could respond. It was so bizarre, the girls seriously had no clue the amount of stress they put the boys through.

"Miss us much?" Kat joked, laughing with Ivy not noticing the looks of frustration plastered on the boy's faces.
"Yeah funny." Gray huffed as he slammed the car door shut and stormed off into the house.
"What's his problem?" Ivy questioned. Tyson glared at her in disbelief.
"Seriously?" Tyson asked before joining Gray inside.

The girls soon followed after thanking the Woods twins for the ride home. To them, they thought the boys were being a little over dramatic but how would they know? The boys kept to themselves for the rest of the day, locked away in their rooms, not once going out. Obviously, they were relieved the girls were safe but also frustrated that they couldn't even let them know that they were alive and well.

"I can't do this anymore Kat. We can't spend our summer break fighting. I hate this." Ivy pouted, confused and frustrated.
"So do I." Kat agreed. Both of them felt guilty for upsetting the boys, they just wished they knew why.

They knocked on Tyson's door first who opened up. Ivy somehow got him to join them for a talk as they made their way to Gray's room. Knocking on the door, he slowly opened up, ushering them inside. They all sat snug on the bed, silence filling the room.

"I'm sorry." Kat spoke. "If there was anything I did to upset you, I'm terribly sorry. It's new to me that we're fighting and I hate it."
"Me too. I love when we're all happy so I'm also sorry. Please forgive us." The girls sat with pouts on their lips.
"You scared us to death." Gray confessed. A blank expression is all he showed.
"Gray—" Tyson tried stopping him before it got awkward.
"No they need to know. We were worried you guys were dead. Anything could've happened to you! You think I wanna be mad at you two over this?! God!"

The girls were taken back by Gray's sudden uproar. He was usually a very goofy and outgoing guy, so seeing this side of him was new. Kat and Ivy mumbled out apologies on instinct feeling more guilty than before. Lowering their heads, unable to meet their gaze.

"Just next time, pick up the phone or something. Reach out to us in some way, okay?" Tyson added, easing the tension.
"We good?" Kat asked with hopeful eyes. The boys looked at each other before nodding yes. The girls immediately jumped up and hugged their friends. The boys hugged them tight, feeling more relieved that they could physically hold the girls in their arms.

"Aww don't cry V." Tyson smiled looking down at the tiny girl in front of him. She wiped away her tears and smiled back, Ivy was just happy they were all fine again.

Gray pulled away from Kat but she held on tighter, not wanting to let go.
"I'm sorry if I disappointed you." She felt tears welling up in her eyes.
"I just thought I'd lost you. I didn't know what to do." Gray confessed again, rubbing her back in a circular motion.

God knows how happy the boys felt in that moment.

——————

"So what do you girls have planned for the next week?" Gray asked while munching on his BLT sandwich. Small crumbs falling from the side of his mouth. After the events that happened the previous week, the four decided it was best to spend some time together. And so, they found themselves back at Mama's Diner.

"Relax papi, we've still got four weeks left." It was a typical Kat kind of comment. Gray just rolled his eyes as a response.
"But seriously Kit Kat. What's the plan?" Tyson added also wondering how they decided to spend the rest of their summer break.
"Well we haven't fully shown you guys around yet, right?" Ivy chirped in.
"The annual fair is coming up, but I kinda wanna go camping. Oh! There's also a roller rink downtown that V and I used to go to when we were little so we could go do that."
"Let's do it all." Gray was eager to get to experience more of Santa Barbara.
" 'Kay, how bout this? Let's skate today and hit the beach tomorrow or something. Weather's been real good." Tyson planned.
"But what about camping?"
" We can go during our last week here or something. But can we invite some old friends?" Ivy asked, agreeing with the camping idea.
"Sure. Who though?"
"The twins. Myron and Lucas."

Silence fell over the group at Ivy's sudden request. It's not that Tyson and Gray didn't like the boys, it was just awkward. They didn't know the twins even existed until last week. Even then, they've only ever met the twins once.

"Isn't it a little awkward? We barely know them?" Gray confessed, a bit uneasy.
"It'll be the perfect chance to get to know them! I'm sure you boys will get along." Kat, was always enthusiastic and she loved camping so for her it was a win-win.
"Alrighty then." Tyson replied, also feeling uneasy. His response came out more as a question rather than an answer.

Something about the twins rubbed Tyson and Gray off in the wrong way. They'd never admit it but they felt a little insecure around them. The insecurity brewed as they knew that the twins had known their girls longer than they did. They've seen sides of Kat and Ivy that the boys were yet to explore and that made them uneasy. Even though they've only met once and their conversation was brief, the boys felt a sense of competition against Myron and Lucas. Competition as to who was the girls' best friend. Or something more? They tried not to dwell on it but it was always on the back of their minds.

Tyson and Gray gave the girls a small smile of reassurance, making eye contact with each other afterwards. They shared a glance, the same look in their eyes. The boys turned away from each other avoiding the question. But it lingered, did they feel the same way?