009

Ivy was rummaging through Kat's drawers, pulling out random items of clothing. She lifted up the occasional item towards Kat who replied with either a yes or no. Kat left the packing, up to the last minute for some absurd reason. So here they were.

They'd been at it for a few hours now. Piles of clothing sat near their respective duffel bags. The week long camp trip began tomorrow morning and the girls were filled with anticipation. Yet they were also sad as it meant they would be leaving Santa Barbara the following week. It was bittersweet. Summer break was almost over. Only three weeks left, one for camping and the other two so they could prepare for college.

"I seriously can't believe the break's almost over. I feel like I've only been here a week tops." Kat confessed, sitting lazily on the bed as Ivy continued packing for her. She munched on some strawberries, feeding Ivy here and there. "I fucking know right. It sucks. I'm so not excited for college." Ivy admitted, she never really cared for that sort of thing.

Kat hummed in agreement. She lay down flat on the bed, popping a strawberry into her mouth. Kat thought about everything that has happened so far, some good and some questionable moments filled their summer break. She pondered on many things, but didn't dwell too much. But she knew, curiosity always killed the Kat.

"V? Can I ask you something?" Ivy hummed in response, folding their clothes.
"Do you think the boys are being weird?" Kat confessed, unable to pin the thought and lock it away in the vault of her mind. Ivy stiffened at the question which Kat didn't fail to notice. She watched Ivy put the piece of clothing down.
"What do you mean?" Ivy asked, her back still turned to Kat. Ivy knew exactly what Kat meant but she thought she was the only one who thought so.

"They act different. Right V?" Kat pushed, hoping to find some common ground with Ivy. Kat just wanted to know she wasn't alone.
"Well, yeah. Maybe they're finally growing up." Ivy joked to ease the tension in the room. The topic was always in the back of their minds, but they never chose to bring it up until now. This made Ivy think why Kat chose to discuss it suddenly. "Why're you asking?" This time Ivy pushed, looking for an answer. She turned to face Kat who lay on the bed, head tilted in Ivy's direction. Kat turned away, looking up to the ceiling. It's as though she didn't want to face the truth. But even then, Kat didn't know the truth herself.

"I don't know." Kat said, her voice coming out as a whisper. Ivy sighed, not knowing why her heart was racing, releasing a breath she didn't even know she was holding. Ivy jumped onto the bed to lift the spirit of the room.
"Hey! Camp's on tomorrow! We gotta be ready!" Ivy yelled as she tickled Kat, who squirmed underneath. The girls laughed for a while, speaking absolute nonsense.

Once again, choosing to ignore the feelings they so desperately tried to hide.