Memorial Day Special

(Since y/n's brother, or I should say, your brother in the story aka Caleb was in the marines, i figured it would be nice to remember him since it's Memorial Day)

Your POV 

Today is Memorial Day and Jasper, my parents and I are all going to Calebs grave in the cemetery to remember him since he was serving in the Marines.

But later we're having a bbq party at my house and Charlotte, Henry, Jasper, My parents, Henry's parents, Piper, and Ray will be there.

I have flowers for Calebs grave. Jasper and I are in the car sitting in the back while my parents are in the front. Jasper holds my hand and smiles at me.

"This is going to be sad but we're going to remember Caleb for what he did when serving in the Marines." Jasper explains and kisses my forehead.

I smile and squeeze his hand. Jasper agreed to come because he knew I needed someone to support me and Henry and Charlotte don't really know who Caleb is. Although they met him once and that was at the Swellview Idol when I was in the middle of singing my song.

Jasper and I step out of the car and I take a deep breath as we walk with my parents to the grave.

"R.I.P Caleb L/n

2002-2019

Loved by Parents, Little Sister and her boyfriend and friends."

(I didn't know what year to put tbh)

I set down the flowers and Jasper holds my hand while he has an arm around my waist. My parents are crying softly and I feel tears coming down.

I start to cry and Jasper pulls my head into my shoulder. He hugs my waist and we hold hands.

"I miss you Caleb, I bet you're gonna be proud of me when I graduate from high school in a few months." I whisper.

I start to cry and Jasper embraces me in a hug and I put my head on his shoulder. Jasper rubs my back and comforts me as I cry. I can feel him start to cry a little too.

"Jasper, I'm so glad our my daughters girlfriend." My Dad smiles, "You're very supportive, kind, handsome, loyal, and sweet."

"Thank you Mr.L/n." Jasper smiles.

"Oh please call us (Your moms name) and (Your dads name)." My mom smiles.

"Okay." Jasper smiles.

"I'm so glad I have a boyfriend that really cares for me and doesn't abuse me like Brandon." I smile.

"Yeah, I never liked Brandon." My dad remarks.

"Yeah he was a faker." My mom adds.

Jasper holds me in his arms and I smile at him.

"Well we've gotta go now since we gotta get ready for the Memorial Day party." My dad says.

"Thank you Jasper for coming." My mom says as we head back to the car.

"Anything for your daughter." Jasper smiles.

We climb into the car and Jasper wraps his arms around my neck.

~later~

Jasper and I are at my house with Henry's parents, Piper, my parents, Charlotte, and Ray

Jasper and I are at my house with Henry's parents, Piper, my parents, Charlotte, and Ray. We're grilling Ribs tonight and watching fireworks. There are also some of my neighbors over.

I'm gonna be singing the National Anthem today and at graduation. 

"Okay y/n, you ready to sing?" Jasper asks and I nod.

Henry and Charlotte work the music as my neighbors, my parents and Jasper record me.

Y/n:

Say, can you see
By the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed
At the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars
Through the perilous fight
O'er the ramparts we watched,
Were so gallantly, yeah, streaming?

And the rockets' red glare
The bombs bursting in air
Gave proof through the night
That our flag was still there

O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

Jasper and everyone cheers and applauses. I smile and Jasper comes up to me and kisses me.

(For some reason the National Anthem make me tear up. It happened at graduation when a girl I know was singing it)

___

~Time skip to fireworks~

Jasper and I are sitting on a blanket at the park. My parents are with Henry's parents and Ray. Charlotte and Henry are on a blanket next to us.

The fireworks start and I lean my head on Jaspers shoulder. 

The fireworks make a heart shape and Jasper and I kiss on the lips.

I hope you liked this chapter! I'm sorry it was so short. But give me a day or so to write Holey Moley. I'm gonna try to Update Big Time Babe.