Chapter 6

Before I could finish my step forward, she was gone. Twisting around, I searched for her, but she was gone. I walked cautiously through the sand. She appeared to my right, then disappeared again.

               “Speed is a virtue. You’ll never catch me if you’re so slow.” She taunted.

               I whipped around and charged slashing my sword through her stomach. The smile that made it’s way on my face soon disappeared as her body crumbled into sand. Shock filled my face. Pain seared in my body.

               “Uh oh. You’re running out of time.”

               I crouched in the pain. I have to think of something fast, some type of strategy. She appeared before me and smirked. Thousands of sand clones filled the hourglass we were in. I tightened my grip and slashed through every one of the clones, the sand falling to the ground. My attacks were wild and random. I froze suddenly when I felt a sword stabbed in my back.

               “Too slow,” the girl whispered into my ear.

               I flipped my sword and pushed backwards, attempting to stab her sneakily. I heard her chuckle as she dodged it. I could feel the sword through my abdomen. Shaking, I reached back to grab it out of me. The wound was gushing blood. My vision was very blurry. My breath was shaky. I turned to face the girl and the smirk on her face grew. There was no way I could defeat her.

               I swung both of the swords in my hand towards her. She dodged but I knew I was beginning to catch up to her speed. I flashstepped behind her and slash but she dodged again. It was like a game of tag. She was toying with me. I stopped in my tracks. I was panting heavily. My feet were sore.

               Focus. I began to raise my spiritual pressure. The sand around me began to lift. The girl frowned. I sprinted around her in circle, creating a wall of sand. Every so often I would kick the sand to her.

               “Ha! You think you can win just by doing this! Stupid! I control the sa-,” she stiffened.

               I dashed out of the sand. My sword stabbed through her abdomen. She began to dissolve into sand. I gasped. How did she? Something caught my eye while she was dissolving. There was a tiny head popping out from the ground far away. It was that girl!

               “You’re running out of time,” she taunted behind me. Something was missing on her. The tattoos! The sand models of her have no tattoos. She’s hiding in the ground behind the model. She just follows the model around like a shadow.

               I made a dash to the sand model. Blade piercing me in the left shoulder, I wince in pain. I slash through the sand. Exactly as I thought. As fast as I could, I ran behind the falling black sand. The body popped out of the ground. This time, she had tattoos. I gave one final slash. A small cut appeared on her cheek. Blood oozed out of the fresh wound. Her hand reached up and dabbed the blood.

               “Damn. You got me.” She said plainly. “Alright. A deal is a deal. My name is Kurai no Suna. I am your Zanpakuto.” She walked over to the hourglass. “There’s not much time left. You’re gonna die soon. I’ll lend you my powers even though you’ve never had before. I’m going to be hard to control, so you’re really going to need to focus. I’ll try my best not to overwhelm you but you are the only one that can balance it out. My powers require a high amount of spiritual pressure. In order to wield me, you must concentrate all of your energy into a ball. After that, I’ll take over and guide you. Repeat after me. Haunt, Kurai no Suna.”

               I felt myself getting dragged back into reality. Slowly I gained consciousness. I gasped in pain. My wounds stopped bleeding. I grabbed my sword and wobbly stood up.

               “Huh? You’re suppose to be dead.” Rei shouted in shock.

               I began to breathe heavily. Focus. “Haunt, Kurai no Suna!” I screamed.

               A brilliant burst of black energy filled the air. My pressure began to ram down hard. The dust from the burst settled. I looked to my right to see a long black blade. It had a black hilt with two black triangles as a guard. The blade was curved and hooked back over at the end creating a small circle. In the middle of the circle was a small shadowy ball.

               Rei had a look of shock plastered on his face. Suddenly a surge of energy pushed me towards him. My arms moved without me controlling it. My speed was amazing. Every slash I made hit him. Slowly the ball in the middle got bigger with every slash. He slashed at me, clearly frustrated. I jumped away and got a good look at him. Blood fell from every cut on his body. My arm moved so my blade was pointing towards him. My left arm held on to my right as a blast of sand came from the center of my sword. The sand hurtled towards him, knocking him to the ground.

               I couldn’t hold it anymore. My arms fell to the side. The power was too great for me to contain. My vision became blurry, but I was still able to see. In front of me was Rei, face down in a pool of blood. His breathing was very shallow. His zanpakuto snapped and returned to its original form.

               Air suddenly surged past me. There were three men standing in front of me. Two were in white captain’s cloaks and the other with a lieutenant badge on his shoulder. With my vision so shaky I could only see the outlines of them. My legs gave way and I fell forward. Instead of the cold hard ground, I felt a warm body grab me. Their arms circled around me.

               “I can’t believe she still has the strength to hold her Zanpakuto.” A captain said, shocked.

               “I told you she was a strong one.” The other chuckled.

               “I guess you were right, Shunsui.” He replied.

               “Captain Ukitake, what should I do with her?” The one holding me said.

               “Oh just take her to the nurses office Kaien.” Captain Ukitake, I’m guessing, said. “We’ll take this boy in somewhere else. He’ll be in grave trouble.”

               Kaien’s arms tightened around me as he began to lift my small body up. I could feel the wind passing by my cheeks. My Zanpakuto trailed behind us. It snapped and returned to a regular blade. I felt a long ribbon wrap along my arm. With that my eyes began to gradually fall. I felt my body fall into a black hole.

_____________________________________________________

Well another chapter done. I think I should say this though even though no one is gonna read it I'm guessing. THIS STORY IS UPDATING VERY SLOWLY. I have a very busy schedule now but I will try my best to write more. Thanks for all of the support and reads and votes. Make sure to vote and comment. Bye!