Chapter 7

“So when will she wake up?” A voice that sounded like Hiyori’s asked.

               “Well, depending on the toll she took, she could wake up today till next week. Are you her sister?” Another said.

               “Ha! Sister’s with this brat? I don’t think so.” Yup, definitely Hiyori.

               There was a silence. I’m guessing the two people left, but I wasn’t up to the task of opening my eyes. I was quite sore. I don’t really remember what happened except for getting attacked and the words Haunt, Kurai no Suna.

               “I know you’re up Kohaku. Your spiritual pressure is going back to normal. You still suck at hiding it.” Hiyori said, scaring me slightly.

               I sighed and opened my eyes to be greeted with a burst of white lights. Adjusting to the lighting, my eyes blinked. My head felt lighter than usual. I looked up and saw Hiyori smirking.

               “Apparently, Rei cut off a large amount of your hair during your fight. It’s pretty short now. You’ve been out for about two weeks, so it’s been growing a little. Some people cut it so that it was straight so it looks nice I guess.” She said leaning against the doorway.

               She was right. I had one long strand on each side of my head, but after that my hair was short and flat in the middle of my neck. Silence hovered over us like a cloud of smoke. Soon it lifted as Hiyori spoke after staring into space, clearly pondering something.

               “Why did you stay and fight idiot? Why didn’t you go to get someone? I know you’re fast enough to get away.” She asked, not making eye contact.

               I hesitated. “He said he was going to kill you next. I couldn’t risk me leaving and having you in danger.”

               I felt a hard hit on my head. “Ow!” My hands reached to it.

               Hiyori was holding a shoe in her hand. I glared at her. “I can handle myself, Kohaku. You getting hurt because of me isn’t good, dumbass.” She replied.

               “Well he achieved his Shikai, so-” I began to defend.

               “Don’t you think I have achieved it as well.” She said, slapping my head again. I hung my head. “Thanks though, brat.”

               I smiled. “Now get some rest. I’ve got to go to class. I’ll make sure I’ll beat up anyone who says anything about you.” She grinned, sliding her shoe back on her foot.

               I waved her off and sat in the bed. Time passed slowly. The nurse came in every so often to check on me. It was so boring. The majority of my time was spent playing with my hair until I decided on a hairstyle I liked. I’d often stare out the window, watching the students train. There was a small feeling of envy in my gut.

               There was a small knock on the door as it slid open to reveal my teacher. I knew this couldn’t be good. I bowed my head in respect. He waved it off and I sat back up, waiting for him to scold me for my actions. We sat in silence. My nerves were eating me up.

               “How are you feeling?” He asked with a smile.

               Caught off guard, I stuttered, “I-I’m fine thank you.”

               “Do you remember anything? Anything at all from that night.”

               “I remember not being able to control my power, being rushed to here, and the words ‘Haunt Kurai no Suna’.” I said.

               “I see. I came to inform you that the boy who had attacked you is currently being punished for his actions. You are in no trouble at all. Three very influential people have vouched for you. Captain Shunsui, Captain Ukitake, and Lieutenant Kaien Shiba were there that night and saw everything.” The weight on my shoulders lifted. I wasn’t going to be punished. “They did say however that you discovered the name and powers of your zanpakuto spirit. Because of this, you will be moved up to be a third year next year so you can learn to control your power. If you excel fast enough, you can leave this school in two years. That will be all. I will see you in class later.” He walked out of the room.

               All the tension in my body seemed to flow out. This whole experience was going by so fast. A nine year old girl moving from a first year to a third year. I wasn’t going to stop now though. I’m going to be able to control my powers and defend the lives of people whose lives have been threatened. I was going to succeed.

______________________________________________________

Sooo kinda a short chapter, kinda bad. Next week will be a longer update hopefully. Hoped you guys liked this chapter. leave comments and votes if you want. Thanks for all the support!