Chapter 3 - Meeting the Chiefs mother

"Well...that went well."

"She hates me."

"Nah she doesn't."

"She tried to hit me with her axe."

"She's a Viking."

"One with Jealousy issues."

Hiccup looks at me confused and I sigh, not bothering to explain it to him.

Looks like Astrid sees me as a threat to her little Hiccup...well...he isn't entirely little.

Hiccup is taking me to his place to meet his mother. His mother. Why in Thors name is he taking me to see his mom? Maybe its a compulsory. Maybe she wants to know the backstory of every single girl that makes eye contact with Hiccup. Im worried, i'll admit that. My palms are sweating and Ruthless licks one, to comfort me.

"Ruthless" I say, cringing.

Then she springs on top of me and starts licking my face.

"RUTHLESS!--Seriously--Ruthless--ew!"

She stands and I scramble up and I brush the excess saliva off me and I glare at her. "You know that doesn't wash out."

She stands up and laughs, a gurgly laugh.

"They do that" says Hiccup and we keep walking. "Its like they do that to purposely annoy you!"

I laugh. "Yeah..she's a little she-devil, she is."

We walk in silence for a minute. The sun is starting to set and my skin prickles with excitement. I can't wait till everyone is asleep. When everyone is not around, looking at me.

"So" says Hiccup, clasping his hands together. "W-What was with Stormfly?"

Oh. That.

"Um...It happens."

"Happens? One minute dragons nearly claw you to pieces, then they suddenly want to protect you?"

"I guess...I don't know why."

Liar.

"Are you sure?" he asks.

"Yeah, I really don't know."

You're Lying.

"Well, it is really strange."

"Yeah, It's never happened before."

Liar.

"Anyway" says Hiccup. "You said your village was burnt to a giant crisp. What was the name of the village?"

"Byte. The place was called Byte. Strange, but that was what it was."

"And...dragons attacked?"

They roared, baring their teeth. Their slit pupils were so thin, you hardly saw them. They attacked everyone and everything, even their own kind...

I clench my fists to stop myself from crying. Ruthless nudges my hand with her nose, like she's trying to comfort me.

"Yea."

"Wow. When the dragons attacked us, it wasn't that extreme. Yeah, people died, but what you're describing...is...its--"

"Horrifying."

He nods. "Im sorry, I truly am."

I shrug. "Nothing you could of done to stop it."

He sighs and scratches the back of his head. "I know but...I just feel sorry."