Chapter 6 - Talking about the perks of puberty

Its been a few days since I have arrived here on Berk. And in those few days, I haven't met anyone new.

Okay, let me explain.

I have stayed at Hiccups place, helping Valka with the things that Valka does. I have swept, cooked, cleaned, sown, washed dragons, played around with Cloudjumper, read, write, lying on a bed, bored. I have been out a few times, only to get ingredients and stuff for Valka. Hiccup has been doing Chief stuff, so he hasn't been around as much. He eats at Meade hall, but sometimes eats at home. He promises that he will show me around more when he gets a free day.

He and I have gotten close.

Friend wise.

Two nights ago, I had a dream. Or a nightmare. It was when Hiccup was punched, and he cracked his head open.

But...but in the dream...he died.

I had sat up, screaming, tears falling past my cheeks. Hiccup got up and sat on the bed with me and he started talking to me, to clam me down. He ended up giving me a hug because I was so freaked out.

He told me about the Red Death and how he met Toothless. Toothless grumbled through the whole thing, saying things like, 'No, I didn't' and 'actually, Astrid did that' and 'Im not a useless reptile. If it wasn't for me, it wouldn't just be your leg that is missing.'

He also told me about Drago, but I already knew heaps about him. He was the reason I was on the run.

Let's just say that Drago can hold a grudge.

Everyone thinks he's dead but Hiccup knows he's not. I know he's not as well. Drago doesn't die that easily.

Hiccup told me about how he met his mother, and how he found out more about dragons than what he could fathom.

And, I told him a few things.

I told him my life in the wild. But I left out the Wildsoul part, and the boys I nearly killed, and my encounter with 'Whoes name I shall not say.' I mean the back-stabbing-hair-twirling-mother-hugger. Remember him?

Actually, I left out a few things. But I felt comfortable sitting there, talking to him. He didn't ask about the dream, he totally avoided the topic of dreams.

I haven't had a dream...like...like that...that detailed before. That vivid. It was...it was scary.

I have been wondering about that lady I found in the tunnels, but I haven't really been worrying.

She stays down there, and I stay up here.

Simple.

And that girl I saw with the mead...I have to her more details on her. I haven't asked Hiccup yet, for I am worried that something will happen to her if I did.

I showed Hiccup the burn mark on my arm, and since I was in my Wildsoul form, it didn't hurt as much as it would If I was normal Ember.

Hiccup's jaw nearly feel off when he saw it.

And, when I was getting changed the day after, right in my shoulder blade of the slashed wing are three massive, claw marks that standout on my skin.

I didn't show Hiccup those.

Right now, I am in the bathroom, looking at my suit that I am wearing. I have made a sleeve and sewn it on, and I didn't bother with more armour pads. I sigh as I look at the two large holes on my shoulder blades, and the hole at my tail bone.