Chapter 27 - The missing Harmony

Hiccup and I follow behind Harm, our minds boggled. I look back to Hiccup, a zombie look in his eyes. The green seems more intense than before, though there's a deadness to them, like he's a walking corpse.

I shudder.

We follow Mistress Harm through a rocky tunnel, Blade coming up the rear. The dim light of the lit torches casts an eerie orange glow to his skin, making him look more menacing with the scars on the sides of his lips.

We reach another tunnel, at the end a blanket hanging from the roof which is being used as a door.

Harm moves the blanket aside, entering a nicely lit room, which is basically a large cave. A wooden bed in the corner, some chairs, a lit fire and weapons hanging on a rack on the wall.

"Please...sit..." Says Mistress Harm, gesturing to the chairs near the fire.

I softly grab Hiccups hand, warmth rippling through me as I do, and I lead him to the seats where I sit down; him beside me.

Blade looks down the tunnel from where we just came from, before he stands in front of the blanket, folding his arms over his dark, scarred skin.

Mistress Harm clears her throat.

"My real name is Harmony. Harmony Hellion Haddock. Daughter of Stoick the Vast, and his wife, Valka."

Hiccup flinches as she mentions Stoick, and I softly squeeze his hand in reassurance as he does.

"I was a lot like my mother...I loved dragons. Didn't want to kill them. One day, when I was five, dragons raided the village. My father had just captured a StormCutter under a net, and he ran off, to deal with other dragons...I decided to...free the dragon.."

Hiccup's eyes widen slightly, and he whispers. "Cloudjumper...."

"But once I did...the dragon broke into our house...I ran away, and I heard a bloodcurdling scream and I realised that Valka had been taken by the giant beast...I..." She turns away from us, sighing. "I stole a boat and sailed...far, far away..."

She removes her metal helmet, shaking her hair a little before looking at us.

She resembles Hiccup so much. From the freckles, to her round nose, and even the shagginess in her hair. Though, her eyes aren't the forest green of Hiccups.

Hers are a blue.

A bright azure blue.

Hiccup stares at her, but doesn't say anything, probably trying to process everything. I, myself am still trying to process it all.

"I landed here, and was raised by a family who took me in. Our chief was corrupt, and I led a revolution against him; after we overthrew him, I was elected to be the new Chief. I've been the Chief ever since."

I bite my lip, seeing how shocked and confused Hiccup is.

I clear my throat. "Hiccup is the Chief of Berk...his father..."

Harm looks to the ground, fiddling with her fingers. "Uh...I see..."

Hiccup suddenly stands up suddenly, staring at Harm. His eyes a bright green, and slowly, his pupil slits.

I hold my breath.

"Where...is Toothless...and my friends...?" The anger that laces his tone sends shiver down my spine.

Harm widens her eyes slightly, staring at Hiccup.

"A Wildsoul..."

•~••~•~••~•~••~•~••~•~••~•