Chapter 25 - Rogue and Blind

MYSTERY

My feet scarcely touch the ground as I make my way through the woods, the only sounds around me being the natural ones of the wildlife, and the sound of the wind rustling through the trees. I hear the smallest sound of feet thumping the ground, and I stop in my tracks, grasping my bow that is slung around my shoulders.

Thump...thump...thump...

I lift my head, taking a sniff of the air, and I smell a rabbit. I close my eyes, focusing my senses. I slowly crouch to the ground, placing my hand on the dirt, and I focus harder.

I feel the thump...thump...

Just up ahead. In between two trees. A Rabbit.

I silently stalk forward, my breath thin and even as I make my way through the woods. I slowly take the bow from my shoulders, reaching back to the quiver on my back and drawing an arrow out. I stop advancing, loading the arrow into the bow. I tighten my grip on the rough wood of the bow, focusing my senses yet again to locate the rabbit.

I can hear it's heart beat, beating frantically in it's chest like it wants to escape.

I pull the string back to the corner of my mouth, taking a deep breath before letting it back out. I focus my sense one more time, just to be sure.

And...now

I release the string, and I hear the arrow fly through the air and the smallest thump of an animal collapsing.   

Smiling with satisfaction, I sling my bow over my shoulders before walking towards the dead animal. I slowly crouch, reaching my hand out and I feel the large hare under my hand, and I feel the arrow protruding from it's head.

Easy kill.

I pull the arrow out, reaching back and loading it into my sheathe before I grab the rabbit by it's feet and throw it over my shoulder like a sack. I whistle a little as I walk, because whistling clears my mind so I can focus on my surroundings.

Why?

Because I am blind...

A/N; This Character belongs to Dark_Hiccup , and he's on a few other books, but with a different name :3

••~•~••~•~••~•~••~•~••~•~••~•~••

PALLAS

Stupid Hookfang.

Stupid Stupid stupid!

He was so mean! He had no respect for us raptors! He didn't even say sorry after the Dragoness made him stop!

The Dragoness...

And the Dragonlord...

Oh Zeus...I can't believe they were there! Both of them! The Dragoness AND The Dragonlord! Oh my, I never thought I would live to see the day.

I hear the smallest sound of whistling, and I halt in my tracks, listening out.

Someone's there...

I slither into the thick bushes and ferns, my yellowish scales blending into the green of the flora. My eyes train on movement up ahead, and then I growl as a boy emerges.

He stops, gasping. "A raptor."

This boy is probably in his early twenties, maybe late teens, with pale skin and white hair. He's pretty lean, and he could have muscles under his plain, white tunic and brown over coat that he wears. I make my body go completely still, and I watch as his gaze sweeps his surroundings. But then, his gaze literally sweeps over me, and I shudder.