A/N - Writing Tips

I'm so sorry guys...but I had the next chapter all ready and set, and then POOF! It's gone. All gone. I had written it on my iPod on a program, so it was all there, but now it's gone. EVERYTHING for wattpad. Ideas, names, chapters for other books.

All gone.

I'm about to cry, seriously.

So I won't be able to update in a whole...a week or two maybe. Because I write one chapter, then another, then I post the next chapter, so I have a spare chapter there. But now, because it's all GONE--still can't get that through my head-- I'll have to work double time to write chapters. That means, I won't be able to post any more chapters on any of my books for a while TT^TT

I'm in tears...

SO! I I'm gonna give y'all some tips on how to write (or how to help you improve your writing skills) cause people have asked me how I write like this.

Well, for starters, I've been reading since I was a wee lass, so I know a few things.

Oh, and practise.

Lots and lots of practise...

Anyway, here we go!

Description
You have to describe situations carefully. I've seen too many books where the author goes from one thing, to the next in a split second.

For example;

Kelly walked to the clearing. Then lots of men jumped out of bushes. One looked at her, smiling. "You are mine, now get her!"

Okay, so a few things we can do here. For one, you can make 'Kelly' think about something.

Kelly walked to the clearing, thoughts buzzing around her head like flies.

You can also create suspense, so you can gently bring things in, like this.

Kelly heard the sound of footsteps, and she heard a bush rustle. She paused, her eyes scanning the darkness of the night as she tried to pinpoint the source of the noise.

She heard it again, and she tensed, looking around. "Who's there?" she shouted.

There's nothing there, she thought.

Suddenly, a dark figure rose from behind a bush, stepping forth into the moon light. Other men climbed out from the shadows, smiling menacingly at Kelly.

One of the men stared at Kelly, his eyes gleaming. "You...are now mine."

See what I did? Be careful when you write, that you don't make things too sudden. If it's too sudden, the book loses rhythm, and it stuffs it up.

In their boots
I like doing first person writing; from one persons point a view. A good writer can make different points of views different from one character to the next.

For example;

*Hiccup POV*
I stare in amazement at the dragon as it slithers out from it's cave, opening it's large jaws as it yawns.

*Astrid POV*
My heart freezes in my chest as I see the dragon emerge from it's home in the mountain, it's teeth shining in the light as it opens it's mouth, yawning.