Prolouge

Prologue

Evil laughter echoed from the flames that crippled and devoured everything. The flames roared, illuminating the place in an eerie orange, littered with smoke and ash.

There was fire. There was pain. But there were no dragons. Chaos was everywhere, consuming everything.

"NO!" Hiccup screamed as the orphanage fell into fiery rubble.

He didn't know if the children were in there.

He held a baby tightly to his chest and it started to cry so he rocked it, trying to soothe it. "It's okay, it's okay, don't cry. Daddies got you. Daddies got you."

An explosion erupted from a house a few metres away and Hiccup almost fell, but he regained his balance.

Ash was sprinkled onto his golden hair and his golden eyes shone bright with tears.

This village had fallen.

There was nothing left.

Another explosion happened and he held on to his baby more tightly, running off and into the chaos. Fire was everywhere and it licked up the sides of houses and it crippled them, making them fall. Hiccup dodged a wooden pole as it collapsed, and he jumped over a flaming plank of wood. Smoke was everywhere, making it hard to see and breathe. Hiccup coughed and stopped for a moment to see if he could figure out where he was.

"I'm coming for you!" laughed a haunting female voice from the flames.

"No" whispered Hiccup. "No."

He turned and sped off into the unknown. He didn't know where he was going, but he knew that he had to get away.

He had to.

He rushed into a mostly intact house, and stopped. He didn't know where he was, and the lady was fast approaching.

The baby cried again.

"Please don't cry" soothed Hiccup. "Daddies got you. Daddies got you."

He heard a bang, then a groan and he turned just as he saw the wooden wall and ceiling collapse onto him. He fell, dropping the baby.

"NO!" he roared, trying to reach for his child but he was stuck under the rubble.

His baby cried, and it shattered his heart.

He heard slow clapping and the sound of footsteps. "Well well well, what do we have here? Ah, Hiccup Hazardous Sparks the forth. Haven't seen you in a while.

Hiccup brushed a golden bang from his eyes, and his hauntingly golden eyes widened as he saw who it was. "No."

From the smoke, a lady appeared. Dirty blonde hair and bright, freaky blue eyes. Her skin as white as snow and she wore a small, metal-like headband and a sort of armour. Armour covered her breasts, arms, torso and legs but her chest was bare. She smiled devilishly and she picked up Hiccups little girl.

"NO!" he roared, his anger flaring.

She stroke her cheek, wincing as the baby cried. "Oh, you are such a rude little thing, aren't you."

"Don't touch my baby" gritted Hiccup and the lady laughed.

"Your baby. She is 'The Dragoness', and I must tame a dragon."

He growled. "She is not The Dragoness."

She laughed. "Oh really? I think she is."

He tried to wiggle his way out of the rubble but he was trapped. "Let go of her."