Chapter 22 - The Heart of a Chief and the Soul of a Dragon

A/N; Apparently, a chapter didn't show up, well, on some of my friends wattpads, so just a reminder that there is a chapter 20. Cause my friend read the 21st chapter and was like, "Whoa! What da heck happened?!'' So read it if you haven't :P

Chapter 22 - The Heart of a Chief, and the Soul of a Dragon

H I C C U P

He paced back and forth at the cliffs, furrowing his eyebrows, deep in thought.

A name he thought over and over. What was her name?

He had been dreaming about a girl. He couldn't think of her looks, or even the colour of her hair. All he saw was a girl, surrounded by fire.

But Hiccup couldn't just let it go. He couldn't just stand by, forgetting about it. He needed answers, and he knew that they were deep inside his head, locked away, but he had no idea how he could access them.

Then, in the night, Hiccup heard a faint roar.

The boy turned, surveying the area with his forest green eyes. Hiccup wasn't tough and buff. He was a mere, thirteen year old boy with thin, stick like arms. He couldn't face off a Viking, let alone a dragon.

He gripped the sides of his fur vest, heading along the brim of Berk, heading towards home.

As he turned to walk into the woods, he saw a blur of red. Puzzled, and a little frightened, the boy slightly crouched and took out his minuscule blade, holding it in front of himself pathetically.

"W-W-Who goes t-t-there!" he stuttered, his wide eyes searching the dark woods.

A rustle of bushes to his left caught his attention, and he slowly turned, dagger in hand. Slowly, Hiccup inched his way forward, his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

With a small lunge, Hiccup grabbed whatever was moving. At first, Hiccup thought it was a dragon, until he felt hair, and skin.

Hiccup squealed, jumping up and hiding behind a tree. He waited behind the tree, his back pressed up against the rough wood. He heard a curse, and someone mumbling to themselves, and more rustle of a bush.

Hiccup waited five minutes, and he heard nothing.

He peered out from behind the tree, and stared into the sky blue eyes of a boy around his age.

Thick, wavy, red hair and intense blue eyes. He wore a dirty, brown rag as pants, and his feet were bare foot. The boy was around Hiccups age; a year older. But this boy was no Hiccup. He already had muscle, and his shoulders were broad, but he was not chunky or large. His chest was sculpted I almost complete perfection, strange for his age.

The two boys just stared at each other for a moment, neither saying a word.

"...H-H-Hi" stuttered Hiccup, fumbling with the dagger and he dropped it.

The other boy was breathing heavily, a weird mark on his chest that made Hiccup gulp. It looked like a swirly, intricate pattern, that was in a symbol of a fish. And it was no tattoo.

It had been branded there.

"...You never saw me" said the boy, taking a few steps back, ready to run off.

"Wait!" called Hiccup, and he mentally scolded himself for saying anything.

The boy turned to Hiccup, his eyes bright as they stared into Hiccup's.

"Who are you? What--Why are you here?"

The boy took a few more steps back, his eyes narrowing as he did. He was starting to disappear in the undergrowth of the woods.