Chapter 5 - Wildsouls

What feels like a million years later, I hear Hiccups even breaths and I turn and see that he is infact, asleep.

Absolutley thrilled, I jump from the bed and I wake Ruthless up by nudging her. She opens her eyes, looking unimpressed then she sees my expression and her eyes widen in excitement.

"Lets fly" I say.

She gets up, a big smile on her face. I quickly dig into the bag connected to her harness. This bag contains the portrait of my parents, which is now next to Hiccup, my own little book of Dragons that I have created from my research and findings. And, last but not least, my suit.

Eyeing Hiccup, I quickly strip and I put my suit on. Its a black, leather suit with brown armour pads on my chest, breasts, torso, shoulders, lower arms, thighs and shins. On one of my shoulder pads is the dragon symbol that was on my moms chest and on my dads necklace. I wear no boots with this outfit. There are two holes on my shoulderblades and one just near my tailbone. My feet are bare, but it doesn't matter.

I turn to Ruthless. "Lets go."

I rush to small window beside Hiccups bed and I'm about to jump out when Ruthless grunts. I turn to her, raising my eyebrows.

'Leave a note' she grunts, nudging her snout towards Hiccups desk.

I roll my eyes and I quickly walk to the desk and I find a blank piece of paper. Picking up Hiccups pen, I write.

Dear Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third,

I have just gone for a mid-night stroll so don't stress if i'm not here if you wake up. Don't come looking for me; I have Ruthless so I am A-Okay.

From Ember Raven Sparks.

I decide not to put my middle name, so I scribble a line through it.

I show Ruthless the note. She grunts in approval. Sighing, I place it on the bed and I walk back to the window, my skin prickling with excitement.

"Ready?"

She nods.

I smile and with one leap, I jump out of the window and into the night.

I land, my legs slightly jarring. Ruthless lands right next to me, her eyes searching the dark streets for any sign of movement. I stand, crouching slightly.

I then run off into the night.

I move in the shadows, avoiding the small lamp posts that litter the street. I see a few people out on night watch, so I aviod them.

On my way, I see a girl walking through the streets, alone. It isn't Astrid, or Ruffnut. She has brown hair with a few streaks of black, and a few scarce ones of white. In her hair is a two-feathered pin with two blue beads. She wears a short-sleeved dark blue shirt and a black skirt with metal straps, with grey leggings and big boots. She has shoulder armour and she has a belt with small daggers in it. She has her arms around herself, like she is scared, walking through a nightmare.

Curious, I follow her.

She turns down another street and she stops in front of a door. She knocks twice and the door opens to see a tall, fat man with grey hair all over his body. His eyes look dark and cold, making me shiver.

"Ya here for tha Mead kid?" the guy croaks, spit flying from his mouth.

"Yes" says the girl, cringing.

The man huffs and he limps back into his house, then returns with a sack full of something. He hands it to her and he holds out his hand, expecting money. The girl blows a bang from her eyes and heaves the sack over her shoulder. She rummages her free hand into her pocket and pulls out six runes, then hands them to him.