Chapter 19 - Dragon Racing with style

Chapter 19 - Dragon Racing, with style

Ruthless grumbles for the millionth time.

"Oh slim it. You can leave if all you are gonna do is complain."

I grasp the rocky wall, heaving myself up a little higher.

She grumbles again.

"Go away Ruthless, seriously! I'm not gonna just fly up there. That will just suck the joy out of it."

I grab another small part of the rocky wall, heaving myself up over the edge so I'm at the top of the mountain.

Why am I doing this?

I had a vision.

Well...not a vision. I just had an idea, and I'm not going to satisfied until I do it.

I sit at the edge, brushing myself off. I look down and I can see Berk, and another smile creeps across my face. I'm on top of the mountain; it's been named Stoick Mountain. It's the one with the statue Stoick carved into it.

'Your gonna get yourself killed' snorts Ruthless.

"You always say that. Am I dead?"

'Not yet.'

I groan, fixing my suit up, but I end up grinning. I bend down, checking the wheels on my shoes.

Yep. I finished my roller skates.

"Help me up, will ya?" I ask Ruthless.

She grumbles something I will not repeat, before helping me up with her head. I hold onto her as I stand, wobbling on the roller shoes.

Each shoe has three wheels underneath, and a cork at the front; the brakes.

"Do you think Hiccup will mind that I 'borrowed' his flight suit idea?"

'I hope he does' she grunts.

"Maybe he'll make me pay in some way."

'With a kiss' she smirks.

I playfully hit her on the head, and she laughs.

"Okay, back it up" I say.

Ruthless rolls her eyes, backing up until we are at the other end of the ledge. I slightly bend my legs, slipping my helmet on.

I smirk. "...Ready...Set...GO!"

Ruthless races forward, pushing me along at top speed. I get to the edge and I jump up, putting arms through the loops on my leg, thrusting my arms up and brining out the gliding wings.

I let out a whoop of excitement as I glide towards Berk. I quickly press my spring, and my dorsal fin pops up at the back.

Flying without wings feels...almost better than flying with wings! The only difference is I can't control where I fly as good as I can when I use my own wings.

I close my eyes, enjoying the feel of freedom and peace. It's so tranquil up here, and so quiet. All of my worries are temporarily forgotten, and I enjoy the moment of freedom.

The wind rushes past me, and I let out another whoop. I open my eyes as I get closer to Berk, and I can just make out Hiccup walking through the plaza with Fishlegs.

Grinning, I lean down so I plummet towards them. I zoom past Hiccup, surprising him and almost knocking him off his feet. I pull up just before I hit a house, and I do a turn before gliding towards another house. I land on the roof with my feet, and I skate across the top, before the wind picks me up and carries me through the air.