Chapter 18 - Splitting skin

A/N; HEYYY Dragons!

Okay! Right now, Ember is having a flashback/vision that is so real, it feels like it's happening to her right now.

You should be able to tell when she wakes up :P

So without further ado, I give you the eighteenth chapter of my fanfic :P

_______________________

Chapter 18 - Splitting skin

E M B E R

I sit in the corner of the small cell, my head in between my knees. I can hear the sound of water dripping from a leakage, the only sound in this hell hole.

I rock back and forth, trying to collect the pieces of the puzzle that has been scattered around.

Ethan sold me out.

He betrayed me.

The door to my cell opens and several men come in, unclipping my chains from the wall and dragging me out of my cell. I have five chains in total; one for each arm, leg and one around my neck.

The guy holding my collar keeps pulling quite hard, making me cough and gag every time.

"Watch it" I growl as the man pulls on my collar again, which is tight around my neck. "I bite."

He gives me a cold look before pulling harder on my collar, making me stumble forward, but I regain my footing before I fall.

"Where are you t-taking me?" I ask as I am led down a hall.

The man doesn't answer and I turn to the other who is holding the chains for my hands.

"Oi! where are we head'n?"

He ignores me and my anger flares.
"WHERE AM I GOING?"

The man growls, pulling my collar and I choke, falling to the ground, my cheek scraping the ground and I hiss in pain as dirt gets in it.

"GET UP!" he roars, tugging on it harder.

I hack, struggling to breath and one of the men grab my arm and tug me up roughly. I take fast, deep breaths, trying to get oxygen into me. The man that is holding my collar snickers and stops in front of a cell and he takes out a key. I look around and I see a mirror in another room, and I stare at my reflection.

My frame is thinner, and I have a fresh bruises on my arm, and one on my jaw. Strangely, my face is still round, almost babyish. My red hair is greasy and it sticks to my face. My lips are chaffed and swollen from all the times I have bitten them. I have a fresh graze on my cheek from just previously falling over.

You look like a frikin corpse.

The man with the collar pulls hard and I choke, stumbling into the cell.

They clip my chains on my arms, legs and neck to the wall and the man who pulled my collar bends down so I am able to have a look at his face.

Thick, and dumb looking with crook teeth and smelly breath.

"I'll be back tomorrow...hope you will be waiting."

"I kinda don't have a choice, do I?" I spit.

He growls, grabbing my hair and yanking it towards him so his smelly breath is in my face. I let out a small yelp.

"Watch it monster" he growls.

I laugh. "Oh, I'm the monster. The one that is being tortured and beat everyday...yep, I'm the monster."