Why Hades? Why?

Nico wished he could have one date with Will Solace without everything going to Hell, literally.

Paris, with its bustling streets and the smell of pastries in the air.

Nico hated it.

That might sound pessimistic, but it was true.

The day wasn't too hot or too cold, and he was walking with his boyfriend on his promised date.

Really, it was the people.

There. We're. So. Many. People.

But Will seemed to be enjoying it and Nico decided not to complain.

So, he supposed, he wasn't all that upset when he saw the shimmering form of a ghost appear in the entrance of a deserted street.

"Will." Nico whispered, bringing his boyfriend's attention to the ghost.

"Would I be right to suppose that we will now be heading toward the suspiciously transparent figure?" Will deadpanned.

Nico rolled his eyes, and tugged Will over to the empty street.

The ghost appeared as a middle aged man, dressed in formal dress clothes. He didn't appear to be in any pain, despite the gun hole right beside his gut.

Frowning, Nico stepped closer, hand creeping to his sword. Which was, as always, hanging at his belt.

"What do you want?"

The ghost didn't say anything, only extended one hand forward.

With a groan Nico moved to take it before pausing and reaching back for Will.

"He's coming too." It wasn't a question.

Nico Di Angelo took the ghosts hand, apparently corporal, and everything turned into shadows.

°°°

"Hello, father." Nico drawled. Hand still tight around Will's, who was bent over, gasping for breath.

Shadow travelling always did that to his boyfriend. Probably something to do with the lack of sunlight, and his father being the god of the sun.

"Nico." His father, Hades, greeted him with a stern nod, before gesturing beside him to a woman with stern green eyes and obsideeon black hair.

She was definitely a goddess, two unknown animals circling her feet.

"Lady Hecate." Nico realized, bowing low, Will following suit.

"Children, I am glad you could join us." Hecate's voice was inhuman, like a whisper on the wind.

"Please, M'lady, but I don't think we had much of a choice." Nico shrugged.

"Oh, nonsense, there's always a choice. But you," She grinned, "appear to have made the right one."

Nico stiffened and stepped in front of Will, raising his sword slightly in defense.

Will responded by stepping to the side, standing with Nico and not behind him.

"Why are we here Lord Hades?" Will asked.

"I will let Hecate explain." Hades sighed, flicking his hand as if signaling for the goddess to continue.

Hecate scowled at him, but still turned to the boys.

"Yes, well, I am in need of assistance and I believe you two boys will do nicely. Hades and I have a job for you."

Nico groaned internally, why? Just why?

He knew it had been coming, that or advice, but a quest seemed far more likely.

And there it was.

"A quest?" Will asked.

"No, a propechy has not been issued, we can call it a favour." Nico now hated favours.

"But, and do not take this as a refusal, we cannot do a quest without a prophecy it is against tradition." Nico said, it wasn't a refusal exactly, more like tactical escape.

"Nico," His father sighed again,

"Sorry father, Lady Hecate, but we will be on our way. I'll hopefully never see you again." Nico started to dissolve into shadows, taking Will with him.

Then it just stopped.

"Your not dissmissed yet, son, and you can have your propechy."

"I actually don't want--"

"Will and Nico, the annoying child,
shall go off to Hogwarts
To do their quest
And hopefully do it right." Hades voice was monotoned, bored, as he spoke their prophecy,

"Now, as the prophecy clearly says you two will be sent off to Hogwarts and do the quest. Hecate will explain. Now, listen."

"Do prophecies need to rhyme?" Nico hissed loudly at Will.

"How should I know?" Will hissed back.

"Your dad is the god of prophecies."

"Touché"

"Okay," Hecate clapped her hands together, "So, as the prophecy states you will go to Hogwarts, and do your quest. It's fairly simple--"

"Excuse me for asking," Nico interupted, ignoring Hecate's glare, "But what is a 'Hogwarts'?"

"It's a school for wizards, where wizard younglings go to use wands and what not. I created it ages ago. To be honest it's been getting a little boring, but they make excellent butterbea-- Anyways, now Voldemort, a wizard, is trying to destroy it, and humans as well, muggles as they call them. Now, this is where you come in. Voldemort is technically supposed to be dead, clearly he isn't, so your job is to kill him. Simple."

Nico squinted at her,

"And how do we kill him?" Hecate pouted, not liking the question.

"Well, he has used a form of wizarding magic called Horcruxs to split his soul into seven fragments. So I suppose you will need to get to those first and destroy them."

"And I guess this is 'simple' too?" Nico drawled, voice heavy with skepticism.

"Exactly! So you'll be going there posing as 5th years, and to make you transition better you will find that you know all the information you need to make plausible 5th years. I also need you to look after three students that will be at the heart of this upcoming war. You will find all the things you need in your cabins when you get back, I will send you off tomorrow at around dinner time. So, be ready."

"Okay, soooo. . . Can we go now?"

"Go on, and get back to your date. Oh! And I know for a fact that the hot chocolate at 'The Cake Shop' in Paris is to die for. I hope you enjoy!"

"Bye." Nico turned to leave when his father called him back.

"Nico, you cannot fail. If you do not just the wizarding world will be at stake."

A/N
So, there's the first chapter, I hope you liked it. This was more of an introduction to the story, sort of explaining it all, I suppose.
Anyways, vote and tell me what you think in the comments.
-Nameunknown

Word count: 993 (without the A/N)