You get in by tapping a stick against a brick wall? . . . I've seen weirder

*Nico's POV*

A dirty old pub is not the place Nico would chose to randomly appear without any forewarning.

But, to be fair, Nico would prefer to just NOT appear or dissapear without forewarning.

But Hecate, it seems, thinks differently.

"Hello, we're looking for a Diagon Alley?" Will asked the person behind the bar off of the slip of paper that had been in Nico's bag.

It was the first address, the second one was probably a house or something, maybe the school. Nico had no idea.

"You look a little old for first years, don'tcha?" The barman said with his ruff voice.

"Ahhh, we're exchange students, sir, and a little lost as well." Will smiled charmingly, it was from his dad's side. Nico stood a back, arms crossed and scowled at the man.

"Yep yep, just back here." The barman came out from around the counter and moved toward a door, opening it up to show them a chilly courtyard.

"Over here now." The gruff man directed them over the the far wall and took out . . . A stick? Nico shook his head, and looked again. Yes, it was a stick. Maybe this guy was going to attack them.

He wouldn't last very long with just a stick though. He was a idiot if he thought he could.

Nico's hand crept toward his sword, hidden, he supposed, by the mist.

Then the barman did the strangest thing, he laid the stick against the wall and tapped it. 3 times.

Both Will and Nico were gawking at him now, the man just chuckled.

"You've never heard of Diagon Alley? The Leaky Cauldron is famous you'know." Nico could practically see his chest puff with pride. He was going to roll his eyes but froze when the wall started to dissapear.

Almost as if the wall was folding in on itself  forming a archway.

"What?" Will stammered. The barman grinned as if anticipating their reactions,

"Welcome to Diagon Alley, boys."

°°°

Nico wasn't entirely sure what to think.

The so called Diagon Alley was very interesting, with lots to look at. But then again, there were even more people then in Paris.

Nico definitely didn't like that part.

Which was why he didn't argue when Will carefully slipped his hand into Nico's, thanking the barman, and ignoring the weird look their joined hands were getting.

The first stop on their list was a book shop, Flowers and Bolts Books or something like that.

Book shopping was hard, neither he or Will could read the titles they needed and had to ask the sceptical shop boy, who seemed to think he was above Nico and Will because he didn't have dyslexia.

That interaction hadn't gone well.

"Nico, what did I tell you, no underworld magic." Will scolded as he dragged Nico back out of the shop, yelling coming from behind them.

"The guy deserved it." Nico argued.

"I--" Will sighed, "Just, don't do it again, you can't turn into Nico Shadow goo on me, you need to keep yourself alive, remember."

"Let's just get our shopping done."

°°°

They was a store to buy sticks.

To say Nico was confused would be a understatement.

That is until he realized these were wands, the things Hecate had mentioned. They let the wizards do magic. A old man ushered them into the store, talking about wands and what the best combinations did.

Nico might have zoned out, he might not have, who knows.

Then the man was handing Will a stick, no wand after wand. They didn't seem to do anything, until one created a fountain of light that seemed to shoot out of the tip and twist around Nico who, in character, tried his best to escape it.

The man chuckled,

"I believe this is the one." Nico blushed, before realizing the man meant the wand.

Will, apparently had heard it as Nico had since he was also blushing.

"Ashwood and unicorn hair, very nice, very nice." The man continued, oblivious to their reactions,

"Your turn, my boy."

All the wands felt dead and lifeless in Nico's hand. Like he was carrying a rock, or something of kind. It wasn't until the old man placed a cool (temperature wise) grey wand in Nico's hand and the room instently got colder.

As it sometimes does when he lost control of his powers. But it wasn't him, or at least his demigod powers, that was the cause of the sudden drop in temperature.

"Interesting, interesting," The man mused, "Dragon heartstring and Aspen, a very strong combination, I suspect you will be very powerful, my son." Nico just glared.

°°°

Number 12, Grimmauld Place. That's all the note said now, the rest seemed to have disappeared.

This was midly annoying, what if he wanted to go back and check something!?

But at least they knew they were on the right track.

"Mister Doctor Sir?" Nico said, smiling sweetly up at his boyfriend, mockingly, " Do you, maybe, I don't know, think it's okay for me to, you know Shadow travel us to the place we need to go. I mean it might not be nessacary but--"

"Just go ahead, Neeks." Will said with a long suffering sigh. Nico winked, "Okay Doctor Solace," awarded with Will's fierce blush before pulling them both into shadows.

See, this one's longer, not by much, but they're getting up there I think 😜
Vote and comment to tell me what you think.
I hope you enjoyed!
Word count: 881
-Nameunknown