The potentially dangerous unknown

*Nico's POV*

Of course Nico got another detention.

After all, when Harry got one Nico just had to.

It was all fun and games of course.

After Transfiguration Nico saw Harry and the other two hang back to listen to Professor McGonagall and Umbridge's conversation.

"You know," he started, leaning against a nearby column, "You really do seem to make a habit of this eavesdropping thing, Potter. I mean, I've already lost count."

Harry had whipped around glaring at him furiously. But he said nothing as he marched past Nico.

"I'll see you in detention then." Nico nodded as a fairwell.

°°°

After a week of carving up his hand Nico was quite sick of Dolores Umbridge.

"You know, Professor," he said sweetly, on their last detention together, "I would like you to thank me for all the hard work and dedication I have put into our detentions."

Umbridge turned purple with confusion, then rage.

"Why, Mr Angelo, would I thank you?"

"Because," Nico hummed softly, Harry had slowed down his packing of his things to listen. Honestly, the eavesdropping!
"I have a hard time believing that the Minister or Professor Dumbledore would approve of your, ah, teaching methods. Nor would my father."

"Watch your mouth, Mr Angelo. I am your elder, and you will treat me as such." She said, nose high in the air.

"Would you like me to get you some wrinkle cream, then? I'm sure I can get my hands on some." Umbridge was flushed with embarrassment, Harry had started coughing in the back of the office, bent over and everything.

"Good day to you, Mr Angelo." Umbridge said coldly, Nico cocked his head, smirking.

"And, thank you." She hissed out from behind clenched teeth.

"Wow, it looked like it physically hurt you to say that." Nico said, smiling in self-satisfaction. Umbridge's face looked to be a wrinkled plum, quite unbecoming, Nico thought to himself.

"Good day to you all!" Nico said, giving a deep bow and exiting the room. 

°°°

*Harry's POV*

Harry was beyond nervous. He was now standing infront of a group of people who expected him to what? Tell them about all his adventures?

Harry, in all honesty, hadn't thought much of it, the idea of him teaching about the dark arts, until Hermione had brought it up for a second time.

He had agreed, because he had assumed it would only be Ron, Hermione and a few other people.

This was not a few people.

"What makes me say You-Know-Who is back?" He snapped at Zacharias Smith, "I saw him. But Dumbledore told the whole school what happened last year, and if you didn't believe him, you won't believe me, and I'm not wasting an afternoon trying to convince anyone."

°°°

Nico and Will had been lying in their shared bed, waiting for noon to hit.

The day before they had gotten a letter from Dumbledore requesting that both of them accompany him on a search for the Horcrux.

"What do you think will happen?" Will asked into the darkness.

They lay seperated on the bed, only their hands intertwined.