𝟎𝟐𝟑.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CHAPTER 023.
tw/cw - swearing

XIMENA
hi

KARL
hi!! how was your flight back? did you
sleep well?
READ 1:28 PM

XIMENA
can we facetime im too lazy to type
READ 1:29 PM

💌 IRL

XIMENA STARE AT THE READ RECEPIT. Then the buzzing came through turning her frown to a smile. Her finger pressed the green icon and was faced with the connecting screen before showing the boy in bed.

"Hi!" The boy chirps happily. He was laid on his side with his phone to the side being propped against a pillow.

"Good morning." Her voice came out raspy. It was currently one in the afternoon for her meaning it's eight for Karl. Why he was up this early was odd to her.

"Good afternoon to you. Did you just take a shower?" He gestures to her damped hair.

"Yeah. I went straight to sleep when I arrived home. Best sixteen hours of sleep."

"When did you wake up?"

"Around twelve. I woke up then took a shower and I wanted to text you even though I thought you would be sleeping but you're not which I'm happy about." She smiles setting down her phone on her kitchen counter.

"Yeah, I set a timer so I could be awake during this time. I wanted to be awake when you texted." He smiles as she looked through the fridge. "Aren't you going out to eat with the Sidemen today?"

Ximena furrowed her eyebrows as she shut the door to look at Karl. "Oh, shit I do, thanks for reminding me. Harry is coming over to drop Waddles off which I am very excited for."

"And I can finally meet her."

"Through facetime but when I come back home you will be the first- well second to see her, my dad being first."

"Of course, of course." Karl pulled the covers over his face to hid the fact he was yawning but the little noise was picked up.

"Go to sleep Karl."

"But I want to hear you talk!" He whines uncovering his face. "Tell me about the flight and-and just everything, anything."

Ximena picked up her phone. "Karl, sleep. I don't want to be the reason you don't get any." She spoke walking back to her room.

He sighs. "I just want to hear you talk."

"You can watch the vod I did with Quackity or with you. . . I can speak to you until Harry comes here."

"I'll watch a vod. You have the best ideas, Nina."

"I know, I know." She giggles covering her mouth. The same giggle that made his stomach turn. How it sounded like a perfect melody, a sound you would like hearing and could never get bored of it.

"Text me what you had for lunch?"

"Yup. What do you think I'm getting?"

"I would like it to be Taco Bell but British people."

"You know that- nevermind. Sleep well Karl."

"You too- okay well um," he laughs quietly picking up his phone then sits up on the bed. "Have fun with the boys." Karl playfully kisses the screen not expecting her to do it back but to his surprise she did.

"Mwah! Bye bye!"

"Bye." He watches the call disconnected. The feeling in his stomach was there once again, that same feeling he felt with an old school crush of his. Karl hadn't had this feeling in a long time yet here he was.

Karl groans forcing his body onto the bed with his head making contact with his pillow. His phone made a ding sound, so he brought it up to his face seeing a message that made him unconsciously grin.

💌 MESSAGES

XIMENA
you better be sleeping but WADDLES!

XIMENAyou better be sleeping but WADDLES!

READ 1:40 PM

ZERO SPEAKS!
Quackity's handwriting is just 😩 /nsx

ZERO SPEAKS!Quackity's handwriting is just 😩 /nsx

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━