𝟎𝟑𝟖.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CHAPTER 038.
tw/cw - swearing

TAPPING TO THE RHYTHM OF ADORE YOU, alongside of Karl singing the song under his breath, his hand laid in the middle compartment with hesitation. He wanted to hold her hand, but it felt different now.

"Do you think," she started off as the tapping of her finger came to a halt. "Harry Styles has hairy toes?"

Letting a chuckle out of confusion, he turned into the road where their 'hang out' is. "Harry Toes."

"Look, I know you think this is a joke, but I'm generally curious. Do you think Dream has gone boating before? He probably used to fish and post with the fish, gross."

"He probably has honestly." Karl said parking the car then looked at Ximena. "Ready?"

"Yup." She got out of the car first and waited for Karl to come around to her side. "Are we actually getting any books? Because if you want to read, my dad's friend's daughter has this huge library with so many books."

"How many is 'so many'?" He questions as they walk up to the bookstore.

"Like it has a ladder. It slides and shit which is fun until you fall."

The image of her fall made Karl laugh. "Not funny, I wasn't laughing."

"Yeah sure." She playfully rolled her eyes as her hand wraps around the mental door handle opening it up for the both of them. "Karl first."

"Well thank you." He took the first breath inside the bookstore. He hadn't been in here since high school, yet the air hadn't changed, except it smelled fresher than before.

It was the middle of the day on a Monday, so people were busy today meaning the two had been the only people there along with employees.

"All to ourselves, Karl." She said wrapping an arm around his bicep making his cheeks a rosy pink. "I think we can rob them." Whispering at a low volume, she scouts the area.

"Don't think you'll get much out of here." He said leading the female to the café. "You ordered ahead of time, correct?"

She hummed a response seeing as her focus were on the books that pass her vision as they walked past them. If a tilted interested her, she kept a mental note to come back to check it out.

"Best smelling places are coffee shop's and Subway."

"Subway?" He questions looking down at her.