(2) Dealing With the Past

Saturday September 8, 1977

There was complete silence when Andy woke up. She slowly opened her eyes and shut them again. The sun was shining very bright, and right in her eyes. She rubbed her eyes a little and yawned.

It was very warm in the bed and Andy just wanted to just go back to sleep. She looked up and saw across the room: Sirius. He was sitting up in his bed smiling at her. Sirius stood up and walked over to her bed and sat down. Andy scooted over a little so that he could sit down.

"Morning, how are you doing? Feeling better?" His smile never faded, that was one thing that Andy really liked about him.

"Yeah, my head doesn't hurt anymore," Andy said, smiling back at him shyly.

"Great! The others just went to get breakfast quickly. They'll bring us back some food of course," Andy nodded.

She felt very safe with Sirius and the other three boys. Of course she was still very cautious, but she had let down her guard a lot with them, but they never hurt her. Half of her wanted to stay with them forever. No, all of her wanted to stay with them. It was much better than going back to her "family".

The smile on Sirius' face started to fade as he spoke again, "do you know your home address?" There it was. They were going to make her go back home. A place she didn't feel safe, where she wasn't safe.

Deep down she knew they would send her back, no one would ever really want her. Especially not people as nice as them. She'd only been with them for a few hours, but she loved them more than she loved her own parents.

"Yeah, I know it," she whispered. No matter how much she wanted to stay, Adina knew she shouldn't lie to him.

"Ok," he looked just as devastated as her. "Don't worry, it'll all be alright," he lifted her chin so that she was looking at her. "If those bastards even think about hurting you again, we'll bring you right back here."

How? It's not like they could watch everything her parents do while they are still here at school. It was probably just a lie to make her feel better. But it didn't help at all.

She started to cry. Sirius picked her up and put her tiny, shaky body on his lap. She buried her head into his chest as she sobbed. He ran his fingers through her hair to calm her down. It helped a bit.

Whenever she used to cry at home, her parents would just yell at her more. It was much better to cry in Sirius' arms. Well not that she would ever be able to do that again.

"Shh, shh, it'll be alright I promise. I'll talk to the others, okay?" Andy pulled away and looked up at him confused. He wiped away some of her tears with his thumb. "I'll tell them that we can't send you back. I will beg them on my hands and knees if I have to. I doubt it will come to that though because they care about you just as much as I do. There isn't a chance in hell that you're going back there."

Andy wrapped her arms around his back and hugged him close. She started tearing up again, but this time it was happy tears.

"Thank you! Thank you, Padfoot!"

"Of course, I know exactly what it is like. My parents used to do the same until last year when I moved in with James and his family." Andy felt much better knowing she wasn't alone in feeling unloved by your parents.

She felt tired again from all that crying and started to drift off to sleep again.

When she woke up again she was under the duvet again, and there was no Sirius. All she could hear was some whispering. The curtains were closed which surprised her a little. She slightly pulled the curtains back and saw the four boys sitting on the bed next to her.