(18) Blackpool Beach

The picture above is Blackpool Pleasure Beach in case any of you have never been.

Wednesday November 7, 1979

Today Andy was going to spend the whole day with James and Lily, she was very excited. It had been a while since she'd seen either of them.

They were taking her to Blackpool beach, she had never been to a beach or an amusement park and Blackpool beach was supposed to be beautiful.

"Ya ready to go darling?" Lily asked as Andy was finishing getting ready.

"Yes, let's go," Andy said excitedly.

"Okay, Andy. We'll see you soon," Remus said, giving Andy a hug before she left with James and Lily.

"Bye bye, Dads," Andy said waving to Remus and Sirius.

"So unfair they get to be Dads," James muttered, making Lily chuckle.

The three of them disapparated and appeared on the beach. There was almost nobody on the beach, most people were on the boardwalk since it was November so they didn't have to worry about anyone seeing them.

"Wow it's cold," Andy said, shivering a little.

"See this is why we told you to wear a coat," James laughed.

"I am wearing my coat!" Andy said.

"Oh yeah, come 'ere," James lifted Andy and held her tightly so she could stay warm.

They walked around for a while looking at everything and Lily tried to explain how roller coasters work but Andy and James didn't understand anything she was talking about.

"Whoa that one looks like so much fun!" Andy yelled running over to one that went very high and had lots of dips in the front it said BIG DIPPER. James and Lily followed behind her and looked up at the ride.

"Yeah it does," James said, wishing so bad that he could take Andy on it.

"I don't even like rides but that looks like it'd be fun," Lily added.

"I have an idea!" James exclaimed.

"No, James don't," Lily tried to argue with her husband, already knowing what he was planning.

James ignored her protests and pulled out his wand. Andy watched, confused and waiting for someone to explain what James was doing.

"Repello Muggletum," James said. Andy didn't see anything happen but James turned back around with a smile.

"I can't believe you James," Lily muttered but a little laugh came out. James pulled Andy with him to where the seats were.

"Whoa! What are we doing?" Andy asked, a little nervous.

"You want to ride the ride so we will," James said with a smirk.

"NO WAY! YAY!" Andy jumped up and down.

"YES WAY!" James yelled back, jumping with Andy. He helped her into the seat and sat next to her. James pulled the belt down so they wouldn't fall out.

Lily stood by the operation box and pulled out her wand. She said some spell and the ride started.

"Have fun you two and James make sure she doesn't fall out!"

"Got it!" James yelled before Lily was out of sight.

The ride made its first few turns slowly until it got to the first hill. James and Andy sat excited for the car to get to the top. After one more turn at the top they looked down and saw the drop.