(9) First Marauders Christmas

Thursday December 22, 1977

Christmas break was coming up and Lily and the boys had spent a week figuring out what they were going to do with Andy for the holiday. They all had to go home otherwise their parents would get suspicious.

They had decided that she would go with James and Sirius to the Potters and hide in James's room. When they asked Andy if she was okay with being locked in a room for two weeks, she answered, "what do you think I've been doing for the past four months?" Which gave them all a laugh.

Remus gave James the idea of putting an Undetectable Extension Charm on his trunk so Andy could stay in there while they were getting home.

They were now almost at the train and Andy was laying on the mattress that was in James's trunk. The extra space in the trunk was a small room and a washroom for Andy. There were books, records that she loved, a muggle deck of cards that Lily gave her so she could play solitaire, and two bags of crisps in case she got hungry.

Right now she was playing Led Zeppelin IV, her favourite album of theirs. Just when Stairway to Heaven ended James opened the trunk. "Hey Andy, alright in there?"

"Yes, I'm perfect!" she called back. James gave her a smile before closing it back up.

Andy sat back down on her mattress as Misty Mountain Hop started playing. She chose to re-read Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, though she was just reading the part about dragons, which was her new favourite thing to talk about.

Her favourite type of dragon was the Peruvian Vipertooth. They are the smallest type of dragon and (in her opinion) the most beautiful. She loved everything about them and wanted nothing more than to see one, one day.

While Andy listened to music and enjoyed her book, the boys were talking about their plans for the rest of break.

"So what days are you lads coming by?" James asked Peter and Remus.

"I'll ask my mum when I can come by, my guess, she'll let me come everyday," Remus answered.

"Me too!" Peter piped up.

"Alright my mum doesn't care when you come over," James stated.

"We should probably go out as much as we can so Andy doesn't have to spend all her time in there," Sirius said.

"Yeah I agree, what about apparating with her though? She might not be able to handle that?" James questioned.

"Well we can try and if she doesn't want to do it again, we won't," Peter said.

"So Wormy and I have to apparte all of us?" Sirius sighed. Since he and Peter were the only ones that were seventeen and passed their apparition test.

"It can't be that hard," James said, rolling his eyes.

"It'll be fine, Sirius, don't worry," Remus put his arm around his boyfriend who was being a drama queen.

Many hours later James and Sirius had gotten home. She had said goodbye to Remus and Peter earlier on the train. Once James had gotten home and said hello to his parents, he and Sirius ran upstairs and opened his trunk to let Andy out.

Andy saw the door open and ran to the ladder, "coast is clear," Sirius said. She quickly climbed up the ladder and jumped into James's arms for a hug.

"I missed you too," James chuckled.

"I really missed you," she whispered, holding onto James for dear life.

A new thing that had started was that after a few hours of being away from anyone, Andy would get nervous and think they weren't coming back. The first couple months of being with the boys, she wasn't close enough with them to care if they would leave, but as she got closer with them and the more they took care of her, she wanted to always be with them. They still had to go to classes so she did get used to them not always being there, it was just after hours of being alone, she'd get really nervous.