(5) Unanswered Questions & Quidditch

Friday September 23, 1977

Today was one of those nights that Remus had told Andy about her first day with them. The one she was never supposed to ask about. All four boys left at about 20:30. They said they would be back in the morning, as early as possible.

Andy didn't mind it though. She just went to bed and slept very well the whole night. Before going to bed, she looked out the window and saw a beautiful full moon. It reminded her about werewolves. Even though her parents had said they were dangerous, vicious creatures, she couldn't help but feel bad for them.

They went through so much pain and had no control over anything they did. It was completely unfair for people to be unfair to them.

In the morning when she woke up, the boys still were not back. So she just got dressed and put on her glasses. She picked up one of James's books. After the weeks of living with them, James, Peter, and Sirius had talked about Quidditch a lot.

She'd learned that James was a Chaser, Sirius was a Beater, their friend Marlene was the other Beater, and Peter was the commentator for the matches . There were many other members of the team, but Andy didn't know any of them.

She decided to read a book James had called Quidditch Through The Ages. She was able to read the first two chapters before the boys came back. Well most of them. There was something though that really concerned her. Sirius, James, and Peter were all covered in blood.

The sight of blood on them made her gasp. All of them turned to look at her quickly. "Andy," James muttered. She stared at them, horrified.

Why are they all covered in blood? Who's blood is it? Where is Remus? Did something happen to him? Is it his blood? These thoughts ran through Andy's mind as she tried to figure out what could have happened.

The boys looked away from her as if to just ignore her, and walked to their beds. They each flopped onto their own beds. They seemed knackered so she didn't bother them.

Soon she heard snoring coming from Sirius and Peter's beds. A few minutes later, James started snoring too. It was very early in the morning, why would they only be sleeping now.

Andy was so confused, but it was one of Remus's rules to not ask where they went, she can't just ignore what he says.

About an hour or so later, Andy could hear James wake up. She watched him get out of bed and walk to the loo.

When he walked back out, he had a clean shirt on and the blood was all gone. He walked over to Andy's bed and sat down.

"Oh I love that book, good choice," James said, chuckling softly.

"Yeah, it's very good," Andy tried to give him a smile.

"I'm sorry we were out so late, and that you were alone all night," James said with a sigh.

"Oh it's alright. I didn't mind that much," Andy said, smiling.

Much later in the afternoon, Remus came back. With new cuts on his face. There was a really deep one that ran diagonally down his face. Andy really wanted to ask what had happened, but didn't dare. Since the boys just went on like nothing happened, she did too.

Sunday November 27, 1977

Today was the first Quidditch match of the year. Which three of the boys had been talking about nonstop, mostly James. James had something about him that made everything he said seem interesting, especially Quidditch.

Andy was very disappointed that she wouldn't be able to watch the game, or cheer James and Sirius on. That was until Sirius had come up with a brilliant idea.