(15) Andy's Mission: Part 1

Friday December 22, 1978

Christmas was coming up soon and everyone was very excited to get together and have a day to relax. Not one of them knew that wasn't going to happen.

Late at night two days before Christmas Eve there was a knock on the front door.

"Andy! Stay in your room!" Sirius shouted, while walking to the door with his wand ready.

Sirius slowly opened the door just to see Professor Dumbledore. He asked Dumbledore a question and he answered it correctly.

"Uh come on in Professor," Sirius said, moving aside to let the old man in.

"Thank you, you have quite a nice little home, Mr. Black."

"Oh uh thank you, sir," Sirius said, uncomfortably. He'd never had someone like Dumbledore in his house.

"Oh... Professor Dumbledore?" Remus asked questioningly, walking into the living room.

"Hello, Mr. Lupin," Dumbledore said, unfazed that Sirius and Remus were living together.

Andy heard that it was just Dumbledore and that there was no threat. She got nervous that he was there to send Remus and or Sirius on a really dangerous mission. So instead of sitting in her room waiting, she sat on the bottom of the stairs, where she wouldn't be seen, to hear the conversation.

"So uh Professor... What is this about?" Sirius asked, his voice quivered a little.

"This is about your daughter," Dumbledore said, surprisingly calm.

Andy gasped a little but no one heard it. How the hell could Dumbledore know about her?

"Wha- what? We- we don't have a daughter," Remus tried to defend.

"Excuse me, Mr. Lupin, but I am fully aware of all of it. That she was at Hogwarts the whole year. That she is here right now, upstairs," Dumbledore said calmly. Remus and Sirius tried to speak but they couldn't think of anything to say.

"How- could you know that?" Sirius asked, befuddled.

"That is not why I am here. I am here because I know she is the daughter of Thomas and Francis Stahl, well known Death Eaters."

"Yes, uh that's true," Remus confirmed.

"Now I have a very nice deal for you," Dumbledore began. Remus and Sirius looked at each other nervously. "I will help you legally adopt her. All I need from you is for Adina to "reappear" at her old house and stay there for a week or two. I will need her to listen to everything they talk about and anything they are planning."

One side of Andy was very scared. She did NOT want to go back there. The boys had promised that she would never ever have to go back. The other side of Andy wanted to go back to help win the war. She felt horrible that people were dying and everyone was going on missions and she could do nothing, but now she could do something.

"No! Absolutely not!" Sirius shouted.

"I understand your concern, Mr. Black but it won't be long and we will be so much closer to winning the war!"

"Do you have any idea what they did to her back then! She's just a little kid, she can't even do magic yet! Are you just completely insane?" Remus yelled.

"Mr. Lupin, I understand your concern and I took quite a long time to contemplate if this was a good idea-"

"Well you didn't think long enough, cause this is the dumbest idea I've ever heard!" Sirius interrupted.

"You know how long this war might go on and how many deaths there will be and this will shorten it! I really do understand your concern but-."

"YOU DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND OUR CONCER ONE BIT! SHE'S SIX, YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" Remus screamed.